Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: FMIC & Suspension Upgrade Suggestions/Ideas

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Alright light delay on everything

Bushings should arrive tomorrow morning after getting expressed shipped this afternoon so I can get the car rolling again, frustrating that it took a week and a half :|

Managed to pickup the S3 intake that Sam sent me this morning, Aus Post didn't even bother delivering it on Friday nobody rang the doorbell or even opened the gate to drop it off... oh well...

Spent all day cleaning the KW V1's, prepped them for sale. Will be running Bilsteins B12's as soon as the car is registered
    Also popped everything else that's lying around for sale too

Sat down to do the intercooler layout, and the cheapest option is to keep stock 2", already have all the 90* elbows because I have 2 spare intercoolers laying around, just need to find a Z shape silicone tube to fit out the front of the battery (or cut the stock one, because that actually fits too) and an expansion coupler from 2" to 2.5" to fit the throttle body.
    Cabling will be fairly simple, can easily extend the MAP sensor to the other side of the car, what spacing should it run in the pipe though (if anyone knows)? I'll create a nipple in the pipe and weld a bracket or something on so it fits up as close to spec as possible.
    Only other *two* things are the crankcase breather hose that connects to the manifold, do I extend and expand it to fit? what material will suit and not degrade? *and I just remembered and forgot to check how the throttle body tubing runs, would also need to extend this?*

I'll just buy 1m of 2" Aluminium tubing and cut to what I need
    Just to find a 2.25" outlet intercooler to suit... 620mm max length, 50mm max width on left side then. why can't this be straight forward... dam you Volkswagen

450x170x65mm Universal Aluminum Turbo Intercooler 2.2'' inlet/outlet Bar & Plate | eBay

Also not sure if I should get rid of all the vacuum lines and just run one from the manifold to the BOV, Gavin I seen yours
    or run it how Jack had it, which was kinda silly, have a photo of it on my phone will post later

Cheers <3
    Last edited by JTop; 16-12-2019 at 10:15 PM. Reason: *looked at some intercoolers and went to remeasure the spacing

Heyo,

Long time since I've had time to sit down and post

Got my car registered early January, and have already started modding it back to what it used to be.
    So the car I initially was working on and trying to get to stage 2, I'm done with. It's now my brothers and every time I need to do anything to it, he has to do it and learn. He said he wants to eventually get to Stage 2, but right now he doesn't care too much, it's fast enough for him.
    My Car:

Gavin's old 3" exhaust is on (really needed it because the car didn't like the 2" to 1.5" thing I made for the roady)
    Boost gauge back in
    Rear sway bar is on
    Husslas are back on it
    PD160, pod in the stock airbox and upgraded the turbo inlet tube too
    SAI delete
    BOV upgrade, but not venting to atmosphere

Audi S3/TT Intercooler is being installed currently and here is my progress and dilemma
    FMIC &amp; Suspension Upgrade Suggestions/Ideas-mvimg_20200202_192822-jpg
    about the only solution I can think could work (using 2.5" not what I done, this was just an idea), need to trim the plastic shroud that goes into the radiator support. Will be finicky but oh well. open to other suggestions

Completed all the easy wiring relocation, stripped back the harness and re-taped it all with black electrical tape.
    Redone my vacuum lines too, swapped out back to the 4 bar fuel pressure regulator
    Need to still extend the pcv line to other side of manifold, so too the throttle body line and a U shape to fit onto the middle thingyFMIC &amp; Suspension Upgrade Suggestions/Ideas-mvimg_20200202_202845-jpgFMIC &amp; Suspension Upgrade Suggestions/Ideas-mvimg_20200202_185107-jpgFMIC &amp; Suspension Upgrade Suggestions/Ideas-mvimg_20200202_185048-jpg
    Need to still extend the MAP sensor cable. Need to get a mount for it too and fit that somewhere onto the passenger side before extending this cable.

Started on the plumbing. Sort of sorted out drivers side, passenger side is missing a few bits, only in front of the battery. Managed to sort out the first section from the intercooler.
    FMIC &amp; Suspension Upgrade Suggestions/Ideas-mvimg_20200202_192221-jpgFMIC &amp; Suspension Upgrade Suggestions/Ideas-mvimg_20200202_185423-jpgFMIC &amp; Suspension Upgrade Suggestions/Ideas-mvimg_20200202_185418-jpg
    Left To do:
    Bilsteins when they arrive, paired with the k1 springs
    Heated seat loom so the leather seats I put in can function
    Find the TT mesh that fits over the bracket that sits under the manifold.

any comments/ideas would be appreciated

Thanks )
    Last edited by JTop; 02-02-2020 at 07:33 PM.

Attachment 47915Attachment 47917FMIC &amp; Suspension Upgrade Suggestions/Ideas-mvimg_20200208_162224-jpg
    after playing with the setup, finally have it "finished"
    Map sensor in at the top intake, didn't update the photo
    Just need to make a top cover so the hot air doesn't get sucked in as easily as the pd160's joiner can't be used due to crossover

Have left just to fix the boost leak on the line, there is a spot where it just lets the air out making a weird whistling noise, but for the moment I'll be driving it around.
    FMIC &amp; Suspension Upgrade Suggestions/Ideas-mvimg_20200214_202924-jpg

what I've got/gotten:
    Bilsteins are arriving in a month and a half, due to backorder... Sucks but oh well
    I've got rear TT brakes and hopefully soon, fronts too. go in when bilsteins arrive
    Catch can setup, have to get a few more bits for it, but that will be in soon.
    Got my short shifter last night from a friend, so that will go in tonight

what's left:
    fixing up my front bumper, done most the work, just have a few tabs left and a hole to patch and then got to get it resprayed
    leather drivers seat, heated seat loom from germany (simple install)
    I can't be bothered buying coilpack brackets, so I'll be making some for myself and for others because why not. I have a set of 034 ones that I'll just use as a template. already have the coilpacks, so they'll sit for a week or two until I get around to this.

All I need left is bracing then. Rest of the car is done for the moment
    I'll do stage 3 in a bit, not super keen on the power just yet.

Jesus it's been nearly two months

How is the car going? Pretty good actually, the list of mods to be done is shortening and I'm getting excited
    FMIC &amp; Suspension Upgrade Suggestions/Ideas-snapchat-168577422-jpg

What I've gotten done:
    Fixed the front bumper, got that hole patched and dropped it off to a shop to respray. Legit looks like new and there is quite literally no difference to the front fenders.
    Fixed my boost pipe issue, when replacing the bumper. just needed more hose clamps and that's sorted. kept splitting with anything more than 15psi of boost due to ****ty vw clamps not holding, but also the engine twisting with load. Holds up the 20psi quite nicely
    Leather front seat. FOUND ONE
    Got that into the car, I have a full CLOTH interior set of seats and door cards if anyone needs + hardware, $350 if anyone is interested, only selling the full set because parting out I'll end up with an odd set
    Dash cam is in, nearly got the rear one done but then I managed to get the end of the cable jammed and lost its head so...
    Fixed my bluetooth too:
    SO had to replace radio because Korean made was rooted, yes I scanned it and it came up with code 014 defective
    Luckily I had a spare one sitting, went onto vwcodes dot org, payed $22 to unlock the radio, and discovered I needed a new bluetooth module because this one I got from the wreckers was caked... , there goes another $104. BUT I HAVE BLUETOOTH NOW SO
    All I can think of right now. Probably did something else but I've easily forgotten
    *SHORT SHIFTER AND SOLID BUSHINGS , also did a thing to get air into my PD160 because criss cross apple sauce
    **Fixed my low pitch horn by replacing with a Jetta horn, same weight and everything so yeah...
    ***fuse blew for rear tail lights, replaced and replaced the blown bulb causing it

What to do and what's coming:
    Got to go Supernova, get the full LED bulb set because yes
    Need to get a set of coilpack spacers, I have the R8 coilpacks but quality non plastic ****ty spacers are non existent unless you get them from another country for >$150 I have a set of 034, so i'll try fab something up from those as templates
    Heated seating loom. I have the buttons and the seats. SO just waiting for the loom to come from europe right now which is quite the problem
    Just like my bilsteins which I've been waiting for, for the past 2 months. Waiting to hear from the UK company if they're going to dispatch or not. If not I'll end up picking the H&R's that my mate has
    If they do come, got the KW springs to match them up with, so that'll be an interesting experiment whether the fronts will fit.

Waiting on another mate to part out his stage 3 parts, already called dibs on things so quite happy there:
    Got front TT brakes coming, have the rears already, need to make the spacers for the carriers so they can fit
    Have a catch can yet to install, going to do it with another gti friend who's already done his. but corona so
    Got a special hybrid turbo coming
    550cc injectors too
    got to buy a highpressure fuel pump and also to fix my fuel level sender, because 1/4 tank and this b*tch empty
    AND FINALLY, the full set of Ultra Racing strut braces.

PPF headlights, and get a good clean and polish of the car
    Only for events will I ever put on my carbon mirror covers, because they special
    And that's it really
    other than my want and need for cup kit body kit, a decent spoiler to slap on the back and make some custom ass tail lights
    but that can be done when I fin uni and get a full time job, also with a full forged engine rebuild because well, why not

probably missed a few things, but I want this car done whether the world ends or not
    peace out, stay quarantined and have fun in boring times
    Last edited by JTop; 29-03-2020 at 07:41 PM.

Users Country Flag

If you don't have any joy with the UK supply of the Bilsteins just let me know the part numbers and I should be able to get them direct from Bilstein and quote a price delivered. I do seafreight shipments (cheaper) once a month and airfreight (more expensive) every 2 weeks, so the only delay will be if Bilstein Germany don't have stock.

Cheers
    Gary
    Golf Mk7.5 R, Volvo S60 Polestar, Skyline R32GTST

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456