Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: FMIC & Suspension Upgrade Suggestions/Ideas

Users Country Flag

I landed a full set of B8s for less than a grand from Europe, then I converted the fronts to coilover by welding on adjuster sleeves that were $55 each, current springs were $50/set. Nissan Silvia/180SX strut tops are the same bolt pattern just swapped side to side so you can get camber in to it pretty cheaply. My rear springs are the fronts from an EK Honda Civic with about 5" cut off and cost $0

Users Country Flag
    POLO

their picture is wrong but worth a call

K-Sport Suspension – KS Racing

same deal with these - worth a call as lkong as they understand its a GTI

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Hi Lads,

Simon, that is a super idea, I'm not superb at welding but I got the equipment. Would be a fab experience creating makeshift Coilovers

Sam :O The Coilovers from BC and KS racing are super tempting, two item sales and I could go for them.
    So I got my friend to upgrade from his Clapped out VT Commodore to the Polo, went to go look at it today and yeah, he bought it so this will be fun next couple of weeks.
    I also got offered 17" Denvers but in Gold. I think Candy White + Gold Denver Combo would be a decent look. What you guys think?FMIC & Suspension Upgrade Suggestions/Ideas-gold-denvers-jpg

Cheers :>, I'll keep updating as I do stuff, should make an official post of the Polo. I lost the original photos of the condition it was in when I bought it, I just got a couple when I was fixing it up for RW. And a couple random photos all over the place.

Users Country Flag
    My 20 cents, stay away from the Chinese, Taiwanese, Korean dampers, they are truly horrid. Bilsteins, even at twice the price, are 5 times better value for money. I could write a dozen pages as to why, from body and shaft flex to sophisticated damping and serviceability.

Cheers
    Gary
    Golf Mk7.5 R, Volvo S60 Polestar, Skyline R32GTST

Users Country Flag
    We fitted Koni Yellow to the OEM springs to a mates Polo Comfortline(???). It was transformed and it only had 10k km on it.

I have them on my Octavia too. Such great low speed damping
    carandimage The place where Off-Topic is On-Topic
    I used to think I was anal-retentive until I started getting involved in car forums

Users Country Flag
    yep to clarify, despite that BC and k sport link I sent you, I still stick to what I initially said and say that Bilstein B8's (based on your budget) are the go.

Users Country Flag
    Demon Tweaks have a great deal on the B12 kit ATM. A bit under a grand NZ delivered. I've had to buy a set Currently running a set of H&R springs on standard 100k old shocks...hoping to see some improvement!

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by PoloGIT View Post
    Demon Tweaks have a great deal on the B12 kit ATM. A bit under a grand NZ delivered. I've had to buy a set Currently running a set of H&R springs on standard 100k old shocks...hoping to see some improvement!
    edit: hang on... B12 aren't coilover, I was thinking B14... what you're getting with B12 is a B8 and a spring. Still better than stock but limited
    Last edited by simon k; 28-08-2019 at 03:29 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by simon k View Post
    edit: hang on... B12 aren't coilover, I was thinking B14... what you're getting with B12 is a B8 and a spring. Still better than stock but limited
    Yep, understand that. I'm too lazy to play with coilovers, it's more expense and here in NZ it means getting the car certified, which may also have insurance implications. Hopefully the B12 combo delivers what im looking for out of the box.

Quote Originally Posted by JTop View Post
    Hi Lads,

Simon, that is a super idea, I'm not superb at welding but I got the equipment. Would be a fab experience creating makeshift Coilovers

Sam :O The Coilovers from BC and KS racing are super tempting, two item sales and I could go for them.
    So I got my friend to upgrade from his Clapped out VT Commodore to the Polo, went to go look at it today and yeah, he bought it so this will be fun next couple of weeks.
    I also got offered 17" Denvers but in Gold. I think Candy White + Gold Denver Combo would be a decent look. What you guys think?
    Note that mkV Golf wheels don't fit polo's, different stud pattern. So any "denver" look alike that'll fit is a replica.

Our cars have some interchangeable parts with a mkIV Golf and next to nothing with mkV (I can't think of anything actually).
    Track Car: 06 Polo GTI Red Devil mkII
    Daily: 2010 VW Jetta Highline
    Gone but not forgotten: 08 Polo GTI
    ** All information I provide is probably incorrect until validated by someone else **

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast