Support VWWC

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Creaking Door Seals

Nope they didn't mention anything to me except that they ordered a new seal for me lol

Would lubing it up be temporary or would it stay quiet for the rest of it's lifetime?

I wondered what the hell everyone was talking about in this thread, until I hopped in a mate's Pog, and heard it.

Mine is a leather pack...no creaking door seals This seems to be an affliction suffered by you poor cheapskate buggers

Creaking Door seals

My guess is that the grease is a silicon based product. Sorry I don't know it's name, but it has applications in the marine and fishing industries, and also in high-end woodkorking machinery. It can be found in some boat/fishing shops. It is white, expensive, and tends not to hold dust. For the seals you will need very little. It might also be worth trying Armorall (sp?) too, or one of those upholstery 'protectorants'. They are cheap and seem to have silicon like properties. Caution though, I would not know if there are any adverse effects from using these products on seals or paint, perhaps ask someone who knows.

I'd rather let the dealer do it, incase the aftermarket lube voids warranty on the seals...

Well i just got mine back from the 15,000. They used the lube on my seals, and its like new again. No more annoying creaking, hopefully it lasts for a while.

I havent come across this noise yet

Im having my front suspention replaced because of a creaking noise when i turn the wheels...

uh oh...I posted too soon...heard it a bit today. Maybe it's a 13,000k thing

Hoyhoy.
    I must be death.
    Hooroo.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12