Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Caster vs Camber?

Powerflex - Performance Polyurethane Bushes

Would a set of these help get some camber back in it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Yeah they would get you squeak more camber. They are just an eccentric ( ah they’re everywhere on this thread!) so would get you a few mm each side. I know a guy on here a few years ago toyed with the idea but not sure if he went ahead.

Users Country Flag
    They’d be like 0.5 degree though. Not the full 2-3 degrees additional like a strut top would.

Caster vs Camber?

Strut Tops Plates Camber Adjustable For NISSAN Silvia 180SX 200SX 240SX S13 S14 6971362687571 | eBay

What about these? Might be worth $90 to give it a try?

Quote Originally Posted by Sydneykid View Post
    Agree
    Rear camber is OK, needs the same amount of toe out on the RHS as it has on the LHS.
    Really? I was planning on going more aggressive, like 3 degree neg camber and 2mm toe out on each side.

Users Country Flag
    yep. 2mm toe out on both sides = 4mm total rear toe. Yeah you have + positive toe on both sides of your rear beam so its toe'd in. Guessing Gary assumed it was - neg toe when he saw that one side had 2.5. Yeah so both sides need to be shimmed right out the other way to get 2mm toe out on both sides (4mm toe out total). You wont believe the difference at a track like Fairbairn once you do it.
    You'd get away with those rear camber values there but its on the faster tracks like Wakefield or hillclimbs like at Huntley or Bathurst that you'll need more than 1.5 degrees neg camber at the back. I ran with stock 1.5 neg camber for ages and crept up to 1.75 and then 2 degrees over time. This is what happens to 1.75 degrees neg at the rear under some pretty hard cornering force:
    Caster vs Camber?-216-4-jpgCaster vs Camber?-216-6-jpg
    In the first pic you can see that the rear is way into pos camber despite starting with 1.75 neg. I was on the power in only second gear in this pic so you can imagine what it'd look like in a long 3rd gear corner. Second pic you can also see that the rear has gone positive and the effect is that the rear tyre is distorting under neath the rim, yet the outside front looks fine. What helped me in those situations was probably that I was on A050 soft rears which really hang on for dear life and that I did have lots of rear toe out so the car was more inclined to rotate into those corners rather than slide. So they really do eat through their static rear neg camber. The only corner at Fairbairn where this would get bad would be the fast top right hander before you come down the hill.
    I guess just decide where you want to use the car. If you do the state hillclimb championship then the track where you'll miss more rear camber would be mountain straight at Bathurst the most. Everywhere else you'd get away with 1.5-1.6 degrees neg especially if you plan on hammering Fairbairn and that other small one up the road from there.

Users Country Flag
    yeah they look like they get you more of everything lined up with the inside back bolt. Just find out of your shaft will fit that rose joint or any of the sleeves it seems to come with.

Users Country Flag
    Hayden these are my subframes with the eccentric fitted:
    Caster vs Camber?-img_3050-jpgCaster vs Camber?-img_3052-jpg

Quote Originally Posted by sambb View Post
    You wont believe the difference at a track like Fairbairn once you do it.
    Awesome, that’s where it runs most of the time.

Ordered the strut tops, hopefully they fit Caster vs Camber?

Users Country Flag

you'll be the guinea pig. I dont know of any Polo's in Oz that have tried it yet!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast