Support VWWC

Thread: Car scanner profile for odb2

Car scanner profile for odb2

Hi all

I have a 2007 polo GTI and it has a warning light to do with emissions.

I have a bluetooth odb2 scanner from odb2 Australia and using the app called car scanner

For the profile I just selected the generic odb2 one but I feel this is not right as I am not getting any codes show up for the warning light. Also I believe being a turbo it will have extra sensors which I need the specific profile for

Does anyone know which is the right profile to use?

Here are the links to the options:

Shared album - David Mudge - Google Photos

Thanks a lot!

Users Country Flag
    An OBD ELEVEN would be much better although not much available on older models
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag
    Try Torque Lite. I have a generic bluetooth obd2 device and it lets me check and reset codes and see boost pressure etc.

'07 Polo GTI like yours

Thanks guys got the Torque Lite app to work and was able to clear the codes was getting a P0116 coolant temp range although I suspect this warning is old because if the car gets this code its supposed to go in to failsafe mode when the engine will be rough from a cold start until it warms up but this isnt happening

I guess this odb2 dongle is the best idea for me just wanting to see codes etc.. I guess anything more professional is when you are able to make changes to the ECU and I don't think I want to be doing that!

Cheers