Thread: Broken something...

Users Country Flag

Broken something...

Long story short, my polo had a coil pack fail (replaced) and the dipstick guide shatter (replacement in the mail). I have removed bumper and radiator to make a clean swap of the dipstick guide.

The vacuum resiviour brackets was too low to accommodate the taller new coil packs. So after scrolling through a ton of advice, of this forum and started to remove the SAI.

As soon as I removed the air pump I noticed a large cracked pipe leading into what looks like the oil pump.

What is it and how do I fix it?

Regards, Karl

20200210_173925.jpg - Google Drive

20200210_173937.jpg - Google Drive

Edit: Fix my stoopid text predictions that made no sense
    Last edited by Arokys; 10-02-2020 at 06:49 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Arokys View Post
    Long story short, my polo had a coil pack fail (replaced) and the dipstick guide shatter (replacement in the mail). I have removed bumper and radiator to make a clean swap of the dipstick guide.

Any ways, I can't put the vacuum system back I. The head because the vacuum resiviour brackets was too low to accommodate the taller new coil packs. So after scrolling through a ton of advice, of this forum and started to remove the SAI.

As soon as I removed the air pump I noticed a large cracked pipe leading into what looks like the oil pump.

What is it and how do I fix it?

Regards, Karl

20200210_173925.jpg - Google Drive

20200210_173937.jpg - Google Drive
    06A 103 213 F 06A 103 213 F - Google Search

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    You, Sir, are an effing legend.

If you're ever in Brisbane, i'll buy you a drink.

Regards, Karl

Users Country Flag
    No worries Karl. Watch out for lumps of the broken one going into the breather.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    So... I unclipped the breather and pulled out the broken bit. As you can see in the picture, a large chunk of plastic is still in the rim. A small number of plastic went in the hole when I pulled the cloth out.

Is there an easier way to remove the plastic or do I have to pick it out?

Thanks for reading... And not giving up on me yet.

20200214_184947.jpg - Google Drive

Users Country Flag

That the crankcase ventilation /breather tube and it fits into the oil filter housing. Keep the O-ring when you get the plastic bits out as the part you get to replace it with may not come with an O-ring. If that had been broken prior to the SAI removal then you've had a pretty big vacuum leak going on there for a while. You can get an oe replacement for the pipe or you can get a billet part that plugs onto the housing that has an -AN fitting in it if you feel like making up your own hose.
    I'd check the pcv while your in there. I've had 3 fail in the last 5 years. Just disconnect the line between the plenum and that crankcase hose and make sure that if you blow in the direction away from the plenum , that it won't pass air. If it does you are pumping boost into the block which = bad.