Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Brake pedal feel

Users Country Flag

so Simon are you saying after going through the whole vcds process your pedal is better than it was initially back at the start of the thread or just the same still?

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    It's worse than it was at the start, but I think if I persevered it'd be better. I'd need a few more bottles of brake fluid. It was starting to come out clean, but still a bit manky, and cloudy with micro bubbles.

VW have it right now. They're going to do a pressure bleed with ABS cycle using their computer, then figure out if there is something really wrong with the booster or otherwise

It's no better after VW had it, they want it back again. They said they rang Sydney who told them to do another bleed, but they need instructions first. I have a feeling they didn't use the computer this time but will when they get it back again.

Good luck with it, I'm following this to hopefully find you got it sorted and worked out what the issue was.
    MY20 MK7.5 Golf GTI - Tornado Red - LP/S&SP
    MY19 AW Polo - Comfortline - DAP

I spent a couple of hours tonight with my mate using his pressure bleeder and VCDS, the pedal is a bit better than it was but still squishy. We put at least 4l of fluid through it and I'm sure there is no air left in the system.

I've tried a few hard stops on gravel, wet road, different speeds etc. and the pedal is OK for one application after that but it goes squishy again

I rang a couple of VW wreckers to see if they knew of an alternative bigger bore MC but they had no clue (and didn't really want to help). Can anyone recommend someone with a bit of imagination who'd know what might be interchangeable?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by simon k View Post
    I spent a couple of hours tonight with my mate using his pressure bleeder and VCDS, the pedal is a bit better than it was but still squishy. We put at least 4l of fluid through it and I'm sure there is no air left in the system.

I've tried a few hard stops on gravel, wet road, different speeds etc. and the pedal is OK for one application after that but it goes squishy again

I rang a couple of VW wreckers to see if they knew of an alternative bigger bore MC but they had no clue (and didn't really want to help). Can anyone recommend someone with a bit of imagination who'd know what might be interchangeable?
    One stop then squishy, that sounds like pad material, what are you using?

Cheers
    Gary
    Golf Mk7.5 R, Volvo S60 Polestar, Skyline R32GTST

Users Country Flag
    Muller and Muller track their VW's and at one stage ran a polo. Harding performance ran a rally Pog too. Cambden Gti have a Polo gti track day car and may know something.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydneykid View Post
    One stop then squishy, that sounds like pad material, what are you using?

Cheers
    Gary
    They're squishy from cold Gary, it's just that the pedal will go a bit harder after a stop with the ABS kicking in. The pads are Ferodo Racing something, I got them from Sam.. it was the same with the old pads. From what everyone is saying here, it seems like it's just a Polo thing, but some people have it better than others.

I'll pester Camden GTI, didn't think of him

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by simon k View Post
    They're squishy from cold Gary, it's just that the pedal will go a bit harder after a stop with the ABS kicking in. The pads are Ferodo Racing something, I got them from Sam.. it was the same with the old pads. From what everyone is saying here, it seems like it's just a Polo thing, but some people have it better than others.

I'll pester Camden GTI, didn't think of him
    DS2500?
    If so we have always found them to have a vague pedal, most drivers won't use them.

Cheers
    Gary
    Golf Mk7.5 R, Volvo S60 Polestar, Skyline R32GTST

Quote Originally Posted by Sydneykid View Post
    DS2500?
    If so we have always found them to have a vague pedal, most drivers won't use them.

Cheers
    Gary
    SAM!! What are my brake pads?! They're not far from worn out, what should i be using?

Edit: they are DS2500, tut tut.. Gary if you can recommend a brand and product line I'll have a dig for something in USA that might adapt from a Golf or other car

I remembered what my previous pads are - Remsa, was recommended on here somewhere but I thought they were vague too.

Edit again, I was digging around last night and found something that reminded me of something else that bugs me with the brakes, the brake pedal sinks so low that I can't heel and toe with the accelerator. I tried it on the way to work today and it's very difficult
    Last edited by simon k; 24-03-2021 at 03:33 PM.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast