Thread: 9N 9N3 panel compatability

Users Country Flag

9N 9N3 panel compatability

Hi

had a question asked recently about the 3 door Polo. There was a headlight tail light change from 2004 (9N) to 2005 (9N3). With headlight I presume bonnet, grille, guards and bumper have changed. Tailgate and taillights have also changed.

Have the door skins changed?

Users Country Flag
    Hi Tek199

So the electronics have changed, so if you want to go 9n <-> 9n3 stuff you need conversion cables/ bit of DIY to make em work. I THINK, haven't ever had the opportunity to try. I know the tail light housing is the same shape and fitment.

Then as for panels:
    Front end, hood, bumper and front fenders/guards are all different around the headlights, that's about it...
    Doors, Mirrors, and rear quarter are the same I believe. SO is the trunk and rear bumper. All might have some slight cosmetic difference depending on the model. But the idea is the same

Hope this helps

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Quote Originally Posted by JTop View Post
    Hi Tek199

Hope this helps
    Sure does ! Thanks.

the Hatch info came from Wikipedia. so it "MUST" (or not) be right.

"Facelift
    In 2005, the Polo Mk4 was facelifted, creating the Mk4F (internal designation Typ 9N3) moniker, with new headlights, taillights and a different hatch, which resembled other recently launched models in the Volkswagen line-up of the time. "