Support VWWC

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Polo 6N2 20 V Turbo Project

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

thanks i started to think we are stupid, but as soon as the car arrive we will go flat speed ahead. the head will be on the flow bench shortly and we will be able to see in what direction we will be going. made a new intake manifold so we can test the 2 off them together. will modify the waste gate this week and the remote oil filter.
    Andy & Ondrej
    VW die hard fans

Users Country Flag
    awesome to see this is still going on! Really looking forward to progress pics
    VW: it aint just a car, its a way of life
    There are few things more satisfying in life than finding a solution to a problem and implementing it
    My Blog: tinkererstales.blogspot.com.au

this project will have to work we have already spend lots of money and brain damage, then my friend is busy with a seat 16v project as he could not find a decent beetle. thanks for the interest we will have to work faster
    Andy & Ondrej
    VW die hard fans

Users Country Flag
    If all it takes is more interest to make you work faster I'll update this thread every 5 minutes.

Took my 96 Polo for a run yesterday for the 1st time in a year (I've been driving the MK2 all that time). After sitting in the garden gathering cobwebs for 12 months it fired up straight away - just needed jumper leads 'cause the battery was flat. I couldn't believe how easy it was. Nice to drive too after a year driving a low (stiff) MK2. The Polo is lowered but still feels soft (compared to the MK2). Goes hard through corners too, like the MK2, but soooo much more refined. Hard to believe they are only 6 years apart.

Looking forward to seeing how yours goes, these cars are so underrated. All they need is a bit more power.

Cheers

Paul

i agree a polo handles like a dream, we are busy playing with a kkk wastegate i prefer the older stuff and in has been working the last 10 years with no hassles.
    Andy & Ondrej
    VW die hard fans

Users Country Flag
    i miss the handling of my 6n Polo. They certainly do make you giggle when you hit the bends. Mine used to 3 wheel around corners everywhere! Too bad about the crap powerplant (which is why im watching this with interest )
    VW: it aint just a car, its a way of life
    There are few things more satisfying in life than finding a solution to a problem and implementing it
    My Blog: tinkererstales.blogspot.com.au

we are going all out for hp, not sure what we will get at the wheels but we sure are going to try for big numbers. we are looking at hybrid turbos the works luckily my friend have a lot of turbo experience and have modified many a turbos
    Andy & Ondrej
    VW die hard fans

Last edited by noone; 20-04-2011 at 11:03 PM.

not sure what all the dots mean
    Andy & Ondrej
    VW die hard fans

anybody knows what the specs are on the best and fastest vw and audi motors in australia?
    Andy & Ondrej
    VW die hard fans

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast