Thread: Firewall, Amp Cable!?!

Users Country Flag

Firewall, Amp Cable!?!

OK, so far the stereo has gone nicely into the Polo, and I've finally managed to massage most of the cables into place. The last question that remains is, where the hell can I run the amp cable from the battery, through the firewall preferably on the passenger side without resorting to dremel or drill?

Cheers,

Steve

There Are some gromets that u can use, I have a power cable running into mine from the battery, I'll go take a look for u and take a pic

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Thanks, Will definitely help out!

If you lift up that felt piece there is a grommet you can use i believe. It was dark, so hard to get in there with the torch AND lift it up, but hopefully it gives you something to go off

My Car(s): 2011 6R TSI Comfortline (Pepper Silver),
    If you're in need of any 6n1 parts, odds are that I am going to have them (dismantling 2 at the moment)

Thanks for the photo. I just got home from a day of discovering new shipwrecks diving. Thought I'll have a quick look now and promptly decided. Stuff it. It's too dark to try and figure this out. I'll have a better look in the morning

Out of interest. Where does this (so far) ellusive grommet spit the cable out inside the car?

Cheers,

Steve

A very good question... i cannot remember.. I'll pull the head unit and have a look
    My Car(s): 2011 6R TSI Comfortline (Pepper Silver),
    If you're in need of any 6n1 parts, odds are that I am going to have them (dismantling 2 at the moment)

No dramas. All is good in the world! After much poking and prodding. I found the flap. - Bad pun, take it as you will

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pontiff View Post
    If you lift up that felt piece there is a grommet you can use i believe. It was dark, so hard to get in there with the torch AND lift it up, but hopefully it gives you something to go off

where would this be compared to the engine? i looked around and couldn't find any place that matched this picture