Thread: Clutch Actuation Lever

Users Country Flag

Clutch Actuation Lever

Ive had a 6n2 1.416v manual sitting on jack stands for 5 years. Was originally purchased for my mother, but she passed away and there was never driver to fix the car. Gearbox was busted. Finally found the time and the motivation to put in the new one. Hoping to flog it off for some cash and to clear room in the shed for other projects. After 5 yrs, its very low km for its age!

Had forgotten everything, but went back to the manual. Gear box is back in, and everything except for driveshafts back in place (excluding a small brace/support that I cant work out where it goes)......BUT

I'm not confident its right. The clutch actuation lever is my concern. By hand, I cant move it more than about 5-10mm.

How much should it move?

My (unvalidated) fear is that the thrust bearing isnt where it should be.
    Last edited by hamish71; 12-03-2019 at 09:38 AM.

I want to say that's okay actually as the play comes the spring in the clutch cable and not so much the fork.
    My Car(s): 2011 6R TSI Comfortline (Pepper Silver),
    If you're in need of any 6n1 parts, odds are that I am going to have them (dismantling 2 at the moment)

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Pontiff from Officer.
    I suspect it might be you I bought the gearbox from At least it was down somewhere near you.
    Have only just got round to installing it. WIll put the driveshafts on this weekend and see if it works.
    If it doesnt, Im thinking Im going to break it down for parts.

ahhh okay, well if you got it from me then, I can guarantee you that it would have been fine, as i would not have sold one that was a duffer. They're a weak point in general so they dont last forever, but if i sold it to you, it would have been okay.

If it's been sitting for a while, maybe put some fresh fluid in it too.
    My Car(s): 2011 6R TSI Comfortline (Pepper Silver),
    If you're in need of any 6n1 parts, odds are that I am going to have them (dismantling 2 at the moment)