Support VWWC

Thread: Polo G40

Polo G40

Hi all, I imported my PoloG40 when I moved here back in 2012 and now I finally have the resources to get it road worthy I'm looking for reliable mechanic with knowledge of superchargers to help me get it up and running. I am living in Balmain, Sydney. Any ideas?!? Camden GTI has already been mentioned which I'm going to look into, just looking for options as I've already been let down by some. Cheers

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Polo G40-21571_233008406990_6799277_n[1]-jpg   Polo G40-21571_233008341990_3424734_n[1]-jpg  

Last edited by steG40; 30-03-2015 at 05:51 PM.

Wow, such a cool car! Have fun with it!
    - Mk2 Golf GTI 16v, 2-door, Tornado Rot, BBS RS, 1988 - SOLD
    - E30 325i Coupe, Manual, Alpinweiss
    - E30 325i Touring, Manual, Diamantschwarz x 2
    - On the lookout for another E30 325i Coupe, Manual (red would be nice)...

Users Country Flag
    Matt at Camden GTI is seriously good with the early watercooled cars. Highly recommended.

Or give Peter a call at Canberra VW Centre at Kiama - near Woolongong. He's got a G60 Corrado he's rebuilt and knows the early Golf/Polo cars better than anyone else I know.

It would be great to have a G40 running in Sydney. I don't know of any in NSW.

Cheers

Paul

cheers for the advice. I gave Matt a visit and my car is now at Camden. Hopefully it doesn't give him too many headaches .. looking forward to getting it back up and running! its been too long!

Users Country Flag
    Hope Matt didn't give you horror stories about Polo's. Years ago I gave him my 95 Polo to try and fit a 1.8 motor and gbox. After trying for 2 weeks and having the motor/box in and out a dozen times he told me it would need some serious work so I bought a Golf MK2 instead.

Will this be on the road in time for the VW Nationals 23/24 May?
    Last edited by sports racer; 13-04-2015 at 01:30 PM.

no horror stories as yet but I'm fully expecting something to be wrong with it....its been stood a while so its to be expected. I seriously doubt it will be ready by end of May. Do plan on taking it to some VW shows, need to figure out the best ones to go to
    Quote Originally Posted by sports racer View Post
    Hope Matt didn't give you horror stories about Polo's. Years ago I gave him my 95 Polo to try and fit a 1.8 motor and gbox. After trying for 2 weeks and having the motor/box in and out a dozen times he told me it would need some serious work so I bought a Golf MK2 instead.

Will this be on the road in time for the VW Nationals 23/24 May?

Users Country Flag
    I saw this out at Camden GTI. Pictures don't do it justice, in the flesh it looks awesome.

Any chance the parts you need will arrive before the VW Nationals?

AHA!

I've seen this a few times at Camden GTI and was always wondering what it was. Its absolutely stunning!
    9N3 Polo GTI - 91 MkII GTI - 16 B8 Passat 132tsi Comfortline
    Past - 14 MkVII GTI, 9n3 Polo GTI, Mk5 Golf GTI, Mk6 Golf 77tsi, Mk6 Golf 90tsi, Mk2 Golf GTI, Mk3 Golf VR6.
    Wanted: Mk1 GTI white or black