Thread: My mk3 '91 Polo GT coupe

My mk3 '91 Polo GT coupe

Hey all, thought I'd chuck a couple of pictures up of my mk3 polo. Currently living near London, UK but the polo will be going into storage while I'm visiting Australia. Hoping for permanent residency in the future so may well look into importing it!

I bought it for £300 and have spent the last 2 years slowly fixing it up. Ill maybe do a build thread and write up a bit more about it when I get the chance.

Nice ride! They look like a modernised mk1 golf from the side apart from the skinnier c pillar.

would be awesome to see one in the flesh - unfortunately there arent any here!

What engine?
    '07 Touareg V6 TDI with air suspension
    '98 Mk3 Cabriolet 2.0 8V
    '99 A4 Quattro 1.8T

Users Country Flag
    They didn't modernise the brakes mind you! The G40 was a shocking thing to be behind the wheel of!!!!

Gavin

Thanks man. This is the GT, so 1.3 litre mpi. Had some cylinder head work, cammed and straight through stainless exhaust so feels fairly nippy, obviously has low weight on its side.

Aha yeh the brakes are shocking. The g40 had vwII calipers which were slightly wider to hold a thicker disc but that was it. There are larger brakes that go on though with little work, off a vauxhall I think, it's on the list of things to do!

It's just so much fun to drive!

Users Country Flag
    Hey mate, nice car you got there lots of potential for mods looking forward to your build thread and good luck with the car.

Thanks mate, had a few more bits on it since I last posted but it's kinda taken a back seat as I'm saving to come out to Australia.

We will be landing this year on 2nd December in Melbourne and heading up to Sydney for new year, maybe ill stop in and check out your shop. I'm on a working visa so hope to go to a few vw shows while I'm there.

I have storage sorted for the polo at the in laws' house while I'm in oz. Quite lucky cos it was looking like I might have had to sell it