Support VWWC

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: reccomendations on vw village?

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Umai Naa!! View Post
    Yeah, absolutely.

Looking back on what I posted, it reads as though I was shifting the responsibility on to you. Not my intention.
    I didn't take it that way.

Can you tell me Umai Naa, they say they changed cabin filter but I'm now getting really strong smells (could smell the garlic from an italian resturant as I drove by lol) comming into the cabin. Is it possible to put the wrong type of filter in? (Or they have forgotten to put one in all together.)

I'm going to ring them about it tomorrow.
    Last edited by Wolfgang; 24-03-2013 at 09:03 PM.
    08 Golf GTI - SOLD

Users Country Flag
    Ok I will jump in here.

I brought my Polo from a Sydney guy who had George at VW Village do revo Stage 1 then 2, plus some other mods to it. I rang George about a year ago to just check what he recalled about my Polo. George was happy to assist me.

I rang him again a few weeks ago to ask for assistance, as I am unable to find an approved Revo tuner here in sunny Queensland, as there isn't one.

George was really happy to spend some more phone time and look at his records and offer suggestions to assist me. He said to call him again and recommended I buy a SPS tool and also use a VagCom to do dome logging which I could email to him and he would review and advise of tuning adjustments. Seems like a reasonable operator our George at VW Village!

I have a better offer from our Gavin, thank you Gavin......

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfgang View Post
    I didn't take it that way.

Can you tell me Umai Naa, they say they changed cabin filter but I'm now getting really strong smells (could smell the garlic from an italian resturant as I drove by lol) comming into the cabin. Is it possible to put the wrong type of filter in? (Or they have forgotten to put one in all together.)

I'm going to ring them about it tomorrow.
    You could pop the filter out, and have a look at it. There should be a diagram on here somewhere, or possibly somewhere else, that shows how to get it out. It's pretty simple, but difficult to explain clearly.

You'll know if it's been in there a long time, if it weighs about half a kilo, and a whole heap of foliage and leaf litter is trapped in it.

Honestly, I don't want to seem like I'm second-guessing a competitor's work, as it would be unprofessional to do so. You should probably call them if you have a concern. They'd appreciate to hear if there were any possible issues with their work, so as to give them an opportunity to sort it out.

From what I've seen, they look like a very professional outfit, and there were a nice collection of cars on the forecourt and in the workshop when I drove past a few months back. I hope they're doing ok in the current economical climate. A lot of places aren't.
    '07 Transporter 1.9 TDI
    '01 Beetle 2.0

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Umai Naa!! View Post
    You could pop the filter out, and have a look at it. There should be a diagram on here somewhere, or possibly somewhere else, that shows how to get it out. It's pretty simple, but difficult to explain clearly.

You'll know if it's been in there a long time, if it weighs about half a kilo, and a whole heap of foliage and leaf litter is trapped in it.

Honestly, I don't want to seem like I'm second-guessing a competitor's work, as it would be unprofessional to do so. You should probably call them if you have a concern. They'd appreciate to hear if there were any possible issues with their work, so as to give them an opportunity to sort it out.

From what I've seen, they look like a very professional outfit, and there were a nice collection of cars on the forecourt and in the workshop when I drove past a few months back. I hope they're doing ok in the current economical climate. A lot of places aren't.
    No probs thanks.

There was a very nice CW Golf R there when I arrived, along with quite a few more cars. It looks like they are doing alright for themselves.

For the record, I don't want it to come accross like I'm not happy with their service, they did everything they said they would, car was ready close enough to on time, and it ended up cheaper than what I was told when I dropped it off.

The main this is, my car feels the better than it has in ages.
    08 Golf GTI - SOLD

Users Country Flag
    look, it's called 'recomendations on ...', and people should be able to write what their experiences were, as long as it's probably after they've cooled down a little that is, and the information is clear and correct.

Also, I believe that it's necessary to have tried to resolve it first (if unhappy) with the person/company in question. I know that if anyone was unhappy with any work I'd done, I'd love the chance to fix it before hearing about it on a forum or through a 3rd party. I am also aware that some people feel that if they confront the person/company that they will 'have it in for them' next time they come in. We can only hope that people aren't that callous ...
    Dark Grey Mk4 Golf, 1.8T GTI conversion, APR stage 1, stock air intake, FMIC, 3" to 2.5" Exhaust, FK AK Street Coils, Black 18" (Avant Garde M310's ?), tinted tails, ...

Users Country Flag
    I would stay away from village vw
    they have left all bar 1 bolt and a couple of clips to hold my skid pan on
    avoid this place, if you like your vw
    they will cut corners where they think they can get away with it

Users Country Flag
    A bit of a follow up on my issue.

Rang VW Village to speak to them about the fumes entering the cabin after the cabin filter was changed at the service. Whoever I spoke to seemed completely uninterested in the problem, I asked him what filter was used, he had no idea and was adament it wasn't the filter. The only solution he offered was to leave my car with them for a day. Not practical when I live over 30mins away and can only leave it with them on Saturdays.

To add to this, I had the check oil light come on today after less than 4500km of suburban driving. Checked the oil level, below low on the dipstick. Very soon considering it uses about 1L of oil per 10,000km.
    Last edited by Wolfgang; 15-07-2013 at 04:03 PM.
    08 Golf GTI - SOLD

Hi Guys,

Are VW Village still good these days? I am thinking to take in my Audi A4 B8.

Thanks.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by k3nnis View Post
    Hi Guys,

Are VW Village still good these days? I am thinking to take in my Audi A4 B8.

Thanks.
    I'd also like to know whether a few years on VW Village is still good.

I've got some quotes back from the usual suspects (Village, Mullerhaus, Camden GTI) and Village came back the most competitive. They are also closer to home. But if they aren't what they used to be, I rather go somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnte View Post
    I'd also like to know whether a few years on VW Village is still good.

I've got some quotes back from the usual suspects (Village, Mullerhaus, Camden GTI) and Village came back the most competitive. They are also closer to home. But if they aren't what they used to be, I rather go somewhere else.
    Any recent feedback on VW Village? Had a read through their google reviews and the negative ones sound legitimate. Doesn't really instill confidence. The positive reviews are good though...

Where did you go in the meantime Johnte?
    Current:
    2017 Mk2 Tiguan 162TSI, R-line, White
    2020 Mk7.5 Golf R Wagon, White

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast