Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: reccomendations on vw village?

Users Country Flag

Digging up an old thread I know.

Recently had a major service carried out at VW Village, can't say I was 100% happy with them. I was happy that the price was cheaper than what I was told, and they didn't seem to forget anything (that I have noticed). Wasn't happy that I had to ring them an hour after it was meant to be finished only to find it was ready to be picked up, not to mention the mess they left behind from changing the cabin filter.

Found them good but not great.
    08 Golf GTI - SOLD

Users Country Flag

reccomendations on vw village?

Thanks! Good descriptive feedback.

Price??
    Last edited by kendog; 23-03-2013 at 07:04 PM.
    Dark Grey Mk4 Golf, 1.8T GTI conversion, APR stage 1, stock air intake, FMIC, 3" to 2.5" Exhaust, FK AK Street Coils, Black 18" (Avant Garde M310's ?), tinted tails, ...

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by kenbot View Post
    Thanks! Good descriptive feedback.

Price??
    No probs.

It was $680 for a fourth year service (without servicing the DSG).

I must note, I was told around $400 when I rang to book, when I dropped the car off it was around $800, when I picked it up it was just under $700.
    08 Golf GTI - SOLD

Users Country Flag

Even without saying its expensive or not.. That's just terrible communication and customer service.
    Dark Grey Mk4 Golf, 1.8T GTI conversion, APR stage 1, stock air intake, FMIC, 3" to 2.5" Exhaust, FK AK Street Coils, Black 18" (Avant Garde M310's ?), tinted tails, ...

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfgang View Post
    No probs.

It was $680 for a fourth year service (without servicing the DSG).

I must note, I was told around $400 when I rang to book, when I dropped the car off it was around $800, when I picked it up it was just under $700.
    While I can't speak for VW Village, nor am I taking a shot at you, but one of the problems I see a lot, is customers not being able give an accurate description of their car when it comes to booking an appointment.

Make, model, year, engine size, petrol/diesel, auto/manual can have a MASSIVE effect on the quote or estimate.

You've only got to look at the difference in servicing costs between a 60K on a MK5 diesel manual, and a MK5 DSG R32. One could be around $400, the other, closer to a grand or more.

As I said intially, this may not have been the issue at all, but if VW Village had given you a worst-case scenario on price, it may have spooked you to go elsewhere. Not good for them. Alternatively, they could've undercut themselves, or had to result in looking bad by giving you an inflated price on the final invoice over what was quoted. Not good for either of you.

Food for thought.
    '07 Transporter 1.9 TDI
    '01 Beetle 2.0

Users Country Flag

I'd say they would have asked for those details when giving the quote. I can't think of anywhere that would quote without knowing the vehicle details.

Users Country Flag
    You'd be surprised!

I have seen the example I used actually play out in real life. Resulted in a lot of finger-pointing, number-fudging, and just generally a bad vibe for all concerned.
    '07 Transporter 1.9 TDI
    '01 Beetle 2.0

Users Country Flag
    yeah, not good then. I guess the more questions, before work starts, the better ... hopefully resulting in a much closer quote too.

Users Country Flag
    I gave them details of my car and its service history when I booked it in over the phone. It wasn't until I dropped my car off that he explained the different levels of servicing required for my car in further detail.

As far as I'm concerned it's up to the workshop to have a system in place to provide an accurate quote to the customer, it's not that hard for them to ask a few questions.

It would of been a huge inconvenience for me to decline the service on the day as I had taken the day off work and they are a 45min drive from home.

In regards to the service itself, it needed the works (oil and filter change (of course), spark plugs, fuel filter, air filter, brake fluid, cabin filter) as it had been under serviced by the previous (well known) workshop.
    08 Golf GTI - SOLD

Users Country Flag

Yeah, absolutely.

Looking back on what I posted, it reads as though I was shifting the responsibility on to you. Not my intention.
    '07 Transporter 1.9 TDI
    '01 Beetle 2.0

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast