Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Powerbulbs (free delivery from UK)

Users Country Flag

Powerbulbs (free delivery from UK)

Hi all,

I've just ordered a set of Philips X-Treme Power H4s, a set of Philips Premium H3s and received a free set of W5W Parkers.

I've then used a voucher code (AYSCX1729) to get a 10% discount.

The whole lot will be delivered to my door for less than AUD$65. Considering my local SuperCheap/Repco wanted $80 for the H4s, that's a bargain!
    Nothing to see here...

I'll be keen to see the results of these... I am not satisfied with my current bulbs.
    '03 Bora V6 4motion ~ CC Flash ~ Neuspeed F&R ARB ~ .:R optioned - Bilsteins,Springs,shifter,steering ~ Tyrol Brake kit ~ EVOMS CAI

Quote Originally Posted by goodfella View Post
    I'll be keen to see the results of these... I am not satisfied with my current bulbs.
    I've got Philips x-treme H4 globes in my Transporter headlights. They were the best of about 6 different globes i tried (including Osram Nightbreakers), and were noticeably better than the standard OEM globes.
    2017 MY18 Golf R 7.5 Wolfsburg wagon (boring white) delivered 21 Sep 2017, 2008 Octavia vRS wagon 2.0 TFSI 6M (bright yellow), 2006 T5 Transporter van 2.5 TDI 6M (gone but not forgotten).

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Manaz View Post
    Hi all,

I've just ordered a set of Philips X-Treme Power H4s, a set of Philips Premium H3s and received a free set of W5W Parkers.

I've then used a voucher code (AYSCX1729) to get a 10% discount.

The whole lot will be delivered to my door for less than AUD$65. Considering my local SuperCheap/Repco wanted $80 for the H4s, that's a bargain!
    So, where and what is this 'recommended repairers and parts suppliers' mate ??

Users Country Flag
    Ooops, just realised from the thread title http://www.powerbulbs.com/

Are these the brightest/best coverage out of the Philips range?

Quote Originally Posted by Fury View Post
    Are these the brightest/best coverage out of the Philips range?
    Yes, the X-treme (+80) globes are rated by Philips as producing the most light of all their std wattage globes. The next best are their +50 globes (I found them nearly as good as the +80, but not quite). Note that the +80 are NOT 80% better, more like 30% in my case.

They are a lot better than the so called hyperwhite or blue/white globes that ahave a blue coating on the glass (this actually reduces light output).

You should also be aware that all the increased output globes (+30, +50, +80) have a reduced life (ie they burn out filaments a bit quicker than std globes). This isn't enough to stop me using them, but I'm aware they won't last as long as the normal globes (the old story - "no free lunch"), so I carry spare globes in the glovebox.

If you want some decent, independent info about automative lighting, try Daniel Stern's lighting web site (he's the ackowledged lighting guru) :

http://www.danielsternlighting.com/t...lbs/bulbs.html
    2017 MY18 Golf R 7.5 Wolfsburg wagon (boring white) delivered 21 Sep 2017, 2008 Octavia vRS wagon 2.0 TFSI 6M (bright yellow), 2006 T5 Transporter van 2.5 TDI 6M (gone but not forgotten).

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by RedMk2Gti View Post
    Ooops, just realised from the thread title http://www.powerbulbs.com/
    Haha, I forgot to actually include the URL, sorry.

http://www.powerbulbs.co.uk also works for them (that's the URL I used, but I doubt it matters).
    Nothing to see here...

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by goodfella View Post
    I will be getting before/after shots to give a comparison, but everything I've read indicates that these Philips bulbs are the best of the standard wattage bulbs available.
    Nothing to see here...

Thanks for the info, have ordered a pair.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast