Thread: MKV GTI Service Melbourne - Clarification?

Users Country Flag

MKV GTI Service Melbourne - Clarification?

Hi Guys

I have spent hours going through hundreds of threads about VW places in Melbourne and some threads say some a good and then another thread says how horrible they are and that they scratch cars etc...

Does anyone have a dealer that they go to (in the city vicinity) that is decent - I'm happy to drive 20km to get a good dealer as long as they have either a loan car or they are near a train or tram stop.

So where is the best place in Melbourne with a new service centre thats clean and not in a junk yard and the people actually do their jobs...?

Thanks guys!

Good luck with this... don't think you will get the answer you are looking for.
    In my dealings i believe an individuals experience with any dealership or workshop comes down to several things....
    What you need doing - If its a simple service then most places will handle this with little fuss and you will walk away saying you had a good experience... if its a fault then most places will handle this with little fuss and fix it the first time... some will take more than once to fix it and some may even try to tell you that its "normal" behaviour etc so they dont have to fix it. This outcome will obviously change your perception of the service you recieved or didn't recieve.
    How you behave - acting like an ass will not get your problems solved. diplomacy and a level head will always get you further than wanting to punch someone in the face.
    How they behave - if they treat you well then you will have a good experience. if they dont then i guess you will want to go elsewhere.
    How they work - if they damage more things than they fix then you may want to go elsewhere etc.. Attention to detail can be really important here.

I have found that if you establish a working relationship with the service people then this really helps. Obviously it can be hard if they change staff alot...
    I use an independant VW/Audi mechanic for general servicing and repairs for all our cars. Warranty work goes to Werribee VW.
    I can highly recommend both.

I know others experiences can help guide you to a particular service place and that is probably a good start. But in the end it will be YOUR experience with them that decides whether you continue to use them again.
    1974 1300 Beetle, 1997 Golf GL, 2003 New Beetle Cabrio, 2014 Audi A4 quattro