Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mk7 Golf R Resonator delete - SYDNEY

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

can anyone here clarify which method and what material castle hill mufflers use to do the res delete for $80?

as stated earlier the guy at HITECH said his price is $250 coz he uses proper stainless steel whereas some of the other shops dont..

I read another post on this forum that alot of shops use an alloy instead of stainless and install can be terrible.

ShaunH Guest
    Thinking about getting this done to my MK7R at Mullerhaus. Is everyone happy with their's?

Users Country Flag
    I thought I would be ok with the drone, esp coming from a straight pipe and screamer eve before my R. But after doing it today, I enjoy it under WOT but under comfort, not so much. My mate put another reso on that isn't too bad in drone, but still sound good under WOT. Not as loud as a res delete would under WOT though. Oh FYI I got the CTS res delete installed.

Impossible Fabrications at Moorebank, Dan/Grub the owner is good to work with.

You might leave with a roll cage or a Barra swap though LOL
    Daily 2018 Tiguan MK2 Sportline (Drag & Drop Tune, 12.9s @ 108mph)
    Weekend/Track 1996 Skyline R33 GTS-t Stage 99 (Built Motor, GTX3576 Gen 2, 407rwkW) [Build Thread]

www.nhbautomotive.com.au

Users Country Flag
    just picked up an R yesterday in a wagon.
    do dealers have any issue with res delete and complaints about warranty?
    I drive to canberra once a month, thoughts on the sound while cruising at 110?

Cheers

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by philcopp View Post
    just picked up an R yesterday in a wagon.
    do dealers have any issue with res delete and complaints about warranty?
    I drive to canberra once a month, thoughts on the sound while cruising at 110?

Cheers
    I am lead to believe that Golf R Wagon has the same exhaust set up as the ŠKODA Superb 206TSI 4x4 and VW Passat 206TSI. Where are the Golf R hatch shares the exhaust with the AUDI S3. That being said, the centre resonator looks the same on ALL, so something like a CTS Res Delete "should" work well. Let us know how you go!
    MY18 VW Passat Alltrack Wolfsburg Edition + Panoramic Sunroof + some extra goodies... (Pure White)
    MY17 ŠKODA Superb 206TSI 4x4 + Sunroof + Tech Pack + Comfort Pack + some extra goodies... (Moon White)

Users Country Flag

Hatch one does not fit wagon.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12