Thread: Good Mechanic

Users Country Flag

Good Mechanic

Just wondering if anyone can recommend any good mechanic around the Parramatta area. I have a 103tdi golf with 35ks on it and has been serviced with dealership in Burwood for the 1st and 2nd scheduled service and now asking for $1500 for the next service. The car does not get driven a lot and would like to send the car to someone who i can regularly get my car service with.

Users Country Flag
    Always good to try independents, however VW do offer Capped Price Servicing. $1,500 for a 3yr / 45,000km service seems excessive. Here is a link to Capped Price Servicing; Capped Price Servicing | Volkswagen Australia

Let us know what price comes up with your car's details...
    MY18 VW Passat Alltrack Wolfsburg Edition + Panoramic Sunroof + some extra goodies... (Pure White)
    MY17 ŠKODA Superb 206TSI 4x4 + Sunroof + Tech Pack + Comfort Pack + some extra goodies... (Moon White)

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by ope126 View Post
    Always good to try independents, however VW do offer Capped Price Servicing. $1,500 for a 3yr / 45,000km service seems excessive. Here is a link to Capped Price Servicing; Capped Price Servicing | Volkswagen Australia

Let us know what price comes up with your car's details...
    It came to $465, but bought the car before 1st Jan 2013, so they are telling me it's not included in the Capped Price Servicing. I don't get why your allowed to input models in the table and get a price for a service they can't provide. Thanks for reply.

Users Country Flag
    Call up a different dealer, they are taking you for a ride. I can tell you from my own experience that the dealerships honour the capped price services on cars prior to 1st Jan 2013. Just do a ring around, might save you a $1,000!
    MY18 VW Passat Alltrack Wolfsburg Edition + Panoramic Sunroof + some extra goodies... (Pure White)
    MY17 ŠKODA Superb 206TSI 4x4 + Sunroof + Tech Pack + Comfort Pack + some extra goodies... (Moon White)

Users Country Flag
    independent service centre should cost between $380-420 for this service and possible brake fluid flush at a extra cost if required, $1500 is BS.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Can anyone recommend a good independent service centre near the Parramatta area.

Users Country Flag
    Arthur and Mark Exoticars Nth Parra

You can thank me later
    Polo GTI
    T-Roc R
    Tiguan R

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Santi View Post
    Just wondering if anyone can recommend any good mechanic around the Parramatta area. I have a 103tdi golf with 35ks on it and has been serviced with dealership in Burwood for the 1st and 2nd scheduled service and now asking for $1500 for the next service. The car does not get driven a lot and would like to send the car to someone who i can regularly get my car service with.
    Have a look in the recommended repairers section there are several good independents in the Parra / Seven Hills area
    carandimage The place where Off-Topic is On-Topic
    I used to think I was anal-retentive until I started getting involved in car forums