Support VWWC

Thread: Canberra area TYRE FITTERS

Canberra area TYRE FITTERS

Anyone had some good experiences with Canberra or Queanbeyan tyre fitters that they would recommend ?

I've just bought two sets of TPMS's, and to fit them I need to have all 8 tyres (2x4) dismounted and remounted and re-balanced. The Octy has factory mags, the Transporter has steelies.

If you want to warn me off after you've had a particularly bad experience, please PM rather than post publicly (that's the forum rules).

Thanks.
    2017 MY18 Golf R 7.5 Wolfsburg wagon (boring white) delivered 21 Sep 2017, 2008 Octavia vRS wagon 2.0 TFSI 6M (bright yellow), 2006 T5 Transporter van 2.5 TDI 6M (gone but not forgotten).

I use Pat's Tyres in Fyshwick - talk to Matt who is the manager there.

They do the tyre work for all my cars including the VWs and have always gone above and beyond in sourcing wheels and tyres, handling the fitment promptly etc. I trust them with all our cars and they also do a fair bit of tyre work as subbies for Gulsons across the road.

I've never needed them to fit tyres purchased elsewhere but I can't see they'd have a problem with that.

Yeah, I'm another supporter of Pat's at Fyshwick. Matt is a good bloke and has always looked after me
    2015 White German SUV
    2013 White German hatch
    2011 Silver French hot hatch
    2008 TR Golf GT TDI DSG

Thanks for that guys. I have used Pats for new tyres for my Landcruiser, but it had split rims (a very different kettle of fish to mag wheels).

I haven't bought new tyres for years - even on my Transporter which has done 50,000Km, its' tyres will probably be good for another 30-40,000Km; while the Octy hasn't cracked 8,000Km yet (but it has been fun, don't think they'll last as well as the Transporter tyres )
    2017 MY18 Golf R 7.5 Wolfsburg wagon (boring white) delivered 21 Sep 2017, 2008 Octavia vRS wagon 2.0 TFSI 6M (bright yellow), 2006 T5 Transporter van 2.5 TDI 6M (gone but not forgotten).