Support VWWC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: XDS Strength and Torque Steer Compensation tweaks: GTI

XDS Strength and Torque Steer Compensation tweaks: GTI

Whilst perusing a list of popular MkVI VCDS tweaks on golfmk6.com, I came across a couple of more recent discoveries that haven't been discussed over here before (that I recall):

Electronic Differential Lock (XDS) Strength
    XDS is the electronic differential lock. On higher HP models (Scirocco R), this is set to 2, whereas the default on the GTI is 0. At 2, the system is more aggressive at applying brake pressure to the inside/slipping tyre.
    XDS and Brake Assist Settings

Torque Steer Compensation (TSC)
    Using the Steering Assist controller (not the brakes), TSC will help prevent torque steer on tuned cars. A TSC of 1 is used by default in higher HP FWD VW models like the VR6 FWD Passat.
    VAG-COM — Torque Steer Compensation (update: it works!)

The latter tweak in particular sounds very interesting. To quote from that last thread:

Quote Originally Posted by GolfMk6.com member
    Was out on Hwy 1 North of Jenner this weekend. Wife and I stayed at Sea Ranch for a long 4 day weekend,.....enabled XDS and this TCS and spent hours ripping up and down the coast.

Amazing, the car felt like it was on rails!! Coming out of tight turns and hard acceleration and the car just took off straight.

Had a permanent smile on my face, just amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Another GolfMk6.com member
    Transforms the car! I will never go back.
    I haven't verified that these settings apply and/or take on Australian-spec GTIs, but if they do... sounds promising!
    2008 MkV Volkswagen Golf R32 DSG
    2005 MkV Volkswagen Golf 2.0 FSI Auto
    Sold: 2015 8V Audi S3 Sedan Manual
    Sold: 2010 MkVI Volkswagen Golf GTI DSG

Users Country Flag
    A few people have with Mk6 GTI's have done the XDL change from vwgolf.net and reported that the car feels different when cornering. But i havent seen or heard of point 2 that you have raised.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Would the TSC tweak work for tuned 118 TSI's? Obviously we don't have XDL.

I know this is a golf forum but I have done the XDL tweak on my Polo GTI and it is very noticeable compared to stock. The torque steer control is an odd one though because in my polo I very rarely get torque steer, what I do get though is the feeling of a locked front diff and when accelerating hard from a standstill, wherever the wheel is pointing, it feels tight when trying to move it from its position. I wonder if this is pre-programmed onthe polo...

Stage 2+ Intercooler Carbon Intake Downpipe Swaybar DV+ Remsa.

I've had TS once or twice when TC was turned off

Users Country Flag
    Very curious about being able to "dial up" the XDL... Be nice to tame that inside wheel spinning, a little further.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_R View Post
    Would the TSC tweak work for tuned 118 TSI's? Obviously we don't have XDL.
    Give it a go Ryan! By all accounts the difference can be quite marked. You'll want to do before and after comparisons, heavy acceleration in first gear with your hands off the wheel. In a safe environment of course.

Gotta wait for my new clutch pack to be installed and have APR reloaded first

Users Country Flag
    I had problems with ineffective XDL on my MY11 vRS Octavia, so wound it up with VCDS to setting 2, and it made bugger all difference. It still spins quite a few revolutions of the inside front wheel before there's any semblance of braking, but even then, it still allows a significant amount of wheelspin.
    Redline3345 MY11 Octavia vRS Wagon TSI DSG | Brilliant Silver | Milltek cat back exhaust | Bilstein PSS10 | TSR Panorama | Remsa | Leather | Sunroof | Towbar | Front Sensors | Boot Protector | Xenons | Corner Fogs | Alarm | Extended Warranty | Superskoda Bits & Bling

Quote Originally Posted by redline3345 View Post
    I had problems with ineffective XDL on my MY11 vRS Octavia, so wound it up with VCDS to setting 2, and it made bugger all difference.
    So is there a problem with the XDS/XDL on your car, or do you just feel it doesn't have much effect? AFAIK it's not designed to rein in big wheelspin (the T/C is for that, and the last thing you'd want to be doing is putting all that load on the brakes), but rather marginally diverting torque to the outside wheel by increasing the resistance to the unloaded wheel while accelerating with a fair amount of lock on.

Anyone try the TSC yet? It's been lousy weather in Adelaide and I've not yet had time to code my car and go for a hills run.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast