Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Waterpump replacment

Oh that's a good reference point. The car has 74k kms now and there's no slippage at all.

Just a very high biting point. Has anyone on the forums had a clutch last more than 100k kms out of curiosity?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by adam976 View Post
    Oh that's a good reference point. The car has 74k kms now and there's no slippage at all.

Just a very high biting point. Has anyone on the forums had a clutch last more than 100k kms out of curiosity?
    Im sure there has been people who's clutches have lasted more than 100k, but its so hard to compare apples with apples because one person might do heaps of km's but a lot of those are on the freeway - so they could have 200,000km's on their stock clutch. Then you have another person who sits in stop start traffic every morning and evening and their clutch is dead well before it really should be.

Also about 90% of owners on here opt for the DSG transmission, so manuals are pretty rare which is a shame as they are much more engaging to drive.

I know what you mean about the clutch pedal being quite vague and a high biting point. A clutch fluid flush should help somewhat with this, but below are a few products designed specifically to help with this:

Burger Motorsports Short Throw Clutch Stop – VW Golf – AutoInstruct

ECS Tuning Clutch Pedal Upgrade Kit 018733ECS01KT – AutoInstruct
    Last edited by Lucas_R; 18-05-2020 at 04:20 PM.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

I've got a 2012 90tsi that had an APR tune and 225s on 18s since month 1, (ie more power and heavier wheels) and and I'm still on the orig clutch at 231,000km. Comes down a lot to driving style. I do 150km a day of which 100km is freeway, and only maybe 20km is heavy stop/start traffic so much easier on the driveline than constant stop/start.
    Last edited by rascal; 20-05-2020 at 04:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by adam976 View Post

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
    2010 GTI manual and I've passed 226,000km on the original clutch.

Had to have both the inlet manifold and water pump replaced at the same time. That was at about 150,000ish? (I don't specifically remember).
    GTI | Carbon | Man | 5 door | Leather | 18" Detroit | Bluetooth | MDI | Bi-Xenon

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12