Thread: Walnut blasting to treat carbon build up

Walnut blasting to treat carbon build up

Would walnut blasting to treat carbon build up, be beneficial for my CAVD engine?

My 2012 VW Golf Mk6 1.4TSI Twin-Charger DSG Cabriolet has performed impeccably since I bought it in 2015 at 18k miles (29k km): it now shows 67k miles (108k km). No faults whatsoever - just regular annual servicing. And I don't "spare the horses"! And the car's performance hasn't dropped-off!

To minimise any Low-Speed Pre-Ignition (LSPI), I generally drive using the Sport mode of the transmission. This keeps the engine speed up and reduces engine labouring under low revs. I have not noticed any significant deterioration in petrol consumption when using the S mode rather than the D mode.

Early in 2021, I started using premium grade supermarket petrol for alternate refills. Prior to that I only used standard grade petrol, again usually from my local supermarket.

Any advice about the effectiveness of walnut blasting? Would it be beneficial or even advisable to prolong the life of my car's engine?

(I'm planning a long road trip this autumn and I'd like to prepare my car in good time.)
    Many thanks for any advice and recommendations you can offer. Maybe there's some other treatment that'd be worthwhile?
    Last edited by mrlong; 09-07-2022 at 01:51 AM.

Users Country Flag

if ur not experiencing any issues then its probably not worth doing the blast.. only if uve got 100 - 200+,XXX KM and are having issues.

run some CRC intake cleaner thru it over 2 treatments (half a can each) for maintainance or open up the engine manifold and clean the intakes out urself physically with the CRC cleaner for a project