Support VWWC

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: VW GOLF Mk6 GTI Noise/Squeal, Dogbone or DSG Mount?

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Unfortunately I didn't take any picture. It could be the gear shifter cable, I have a DSG car and there is only one, It is not rubbing against the exhaust downpipe. It is sitting on top and rubbing against the big thin heatshield that is laid around the car body? to protect it from the heat of the exhaust downpipe. I did bend the heatshield abit, will see how it goes on the test drive.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonGTI View Post
    Unfortunately I didn't take any picture. It could be the gear shifter cable, I have a DSG car and there is only one, It is not rubbing against the exhaust downpipe. It is sitting on top and rubbing against the big thin heatshield that is laid around the car body? to protect it from the heat of the exhaust downpipe. I did bend the heatshield abit, will see how it goes on the test drive.
    are you sure its the heatshield squeaking and not the rubber itself.. just spray some sillicone grease or lithium grease on the rubber and see if it stops squeaking when u push the engine.. probably have ur answer then

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by amunra View Post
    are you sure its the heatshield squeaking and not the rubber itself.. just spray some sillicone grease or lithium grease on the rubber and see if it stops squeaking when u push the engine.. probably have ur answer then
    Yeah, it's the rubbing of that rubber against the heatshield that's causing the squeaking. I reproduced the same noise when moving that rubber around. After some test drive, the noise is still there unfortunately. I'll spray it next time I have the car up.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by JasonGTI View Post
    Yeah, it's the rubbing of that rubber against the heatshield that's causing the squeaking. I reproduced the same noise when moving that rubber around. After some test drive, the noise is still there unfortunately. I'll spray it next time I have the car up.
    atleast u found it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12