Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Volkswagen Golf, Golf Wagon and Jetta Model Year (MY12) 2012 Changes

Volkswagen Golf, Golf Wagon and Jetta Model Year (MY12) 2012 Changes

Volkswagen Golf, Golf Wagon and Jetta Model Year (MY12) 2012 Changes

The 77TDI Trendline DSG model has been discontinued
    The Golf R 3 Door manual and DSG models have been discontinued
    Optional adaptive chassis control has been discontinued for Comfortline models
    Optional Dynaudio premium audio has been discontinued for Comfortline models
    The optional Bi-Xenon headlights (std R) are supplied with a LED number plate light
    Change from “Lo” to “ACmax” label on the manual air conditioning system
    Bluetooth connectivity is standard for Trendline models (and above) exc. BlueMotion
    Media Device Interface (MDI) is standard for Comfortline models (and above)
    The RCD310 audio system display changes from blue to white/negative

Full details and photos here - Volkswagen Australia Passenger Vehicle Model Year 2012 (MY12) Changes

Users Country Flag
    Thanks Maverick

I'll close the other thread rather than merge this in.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermot View Post
    Thats news to me?
    You read your correspondence on the 17th of May regarding model changes?

Users Country Flag
    There is already no manual 77TDI though. So does that mean that there is just no 77TDI anymore?
    I mean, that could be possible, to make way for the Golf Bluemotion - but that's manual only anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by Corey_R View Post
    There is already no manual 77TDI though. So does that mean that there is just no 77TDI anymore?
    I mean, that could be possible, to make way for the Golf Bluemotion - but that's manual only anyway...
    It would make sense to have a Bluemotion DSG to match the Bluemotion manual rather then a Bluemotion manual and a 77TDI DSG for an additional ~$1000 fulfillying that end. Perhaps the Bluemotion DSG is about to hit our shores which would make sense if they are targeting the Prius market (and much of the rest of it given so many people cannot drive a manual).

The 77TDI manual was dropped with the MY11 change IIRC so there was a gap between dropping it and announcing the bluemotion "replacement".

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    Perhaps the Bluemotion DSG is about to hit our shores which would make sense if they are targeting the Prius market (and much of the rest of it given so many people cannot drive a manual).
    Saw Bluemotion yesterday at Wangara showroom. It's here already.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by dieterbohlen View Post
    Saw Bluemotion yesterday at Wangara showroom. It's here already.
    We know the Bluemotion is already here, that's not being questioned. But did you see it in manual or DSG? Because all the press I've seen says that it's manual only!

Quote Originally Posted by Dermot View Post
    Straight from the Volkswagen global site:

The 77 kW TDI engine is available with a 5-speed manual gearbox, with economical combined fuel consumption of just 3.8 l/100km and CO2 emissions of only 99 g per kilometre**.

So I guess that means no Bluemotion DSG Golf....
    There are Golf BlueMotion 1.6TDI DSG's out there but it looks like it's been dropped or replaced by the Match S spec which is available in dsg and manual.

VW Golf 1.6 TDI 105PS BlueMotion 7speed DSG SE - Next Green Car
    Bluemotion 1.6TDI DSG - VW TDI forum and Audi TDI forum - myturbodiesel.com

2011 / 2012 changes?

My first question after picking up a new 2011 103TDI 6 speed auto Comfortline yesterday.
    The 10th letter in my vin is "B" indicating 2011. I have driven one with a "C" vin being a 2012. Are these two cars identical? I ask as my perception is that my "B vin" 2011 isn't as smooth as the 2012 car. I may be wrong as my car only has 50km on the clock and obviously has to be run in but the other car that I drove was also a 50km car.

Users Country Flag

"The Golf R 3 Door manual and DSG models have been discontinued"

Excuse my ignorance guys but really? Stupid decision by VW in my opinion. Will this someday become the fate of the GTI as well? I cant stand the look of the 5 door MK6 o_O
    2010 GTI - Tornado Red - 3 Door - Manual - ACC - DynAudio - Leather - 18" Detroits - Sunroof - APR STAGE 2 - Forge BOA - .:R Tail lights

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast