Thread: Under Bonnet Insulation Pad MK 6 Golf Trendline 2011

Users Country Flag

Under Bonnet Insulation Pad MK 6 Golf Trendline 2011

Hi, Has anyone ordered an under bonnet insulation pad? I notice that there is a variety of prices and would appreciate a recommendation. It seems that it is relatively easy to install and your comments would be valuable. Cheers-John

Users Country Flag

Under Bonnet Insulation Pad MK 6 Golf Trendline 2011

The underbonnet insulation only last 4-5yrs before its starts to sag and eventually starts falling apart. They have revised the Mk6 insulation once or twice and the later one has a section of silver heat foil in one area of the insulation.

Most people simply remove them once they start falling apart, but it can obviously be replaced if you wish to.

Try getting in touch with VAGParts in Sydney who will be able to source you one for cheaper than the VW dealer.

5K0-863-831-G is the part number. They retail for approx $170 USD so expect to pay $250-280AUD for a genuine one, although a quick Google shows there are plenty of Chinese copies available for about $50-70AUD.
    Last edited by Lucas_R; 16-10-2021 at 07:09 PM.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Thanks for the info Lucas; I priced one at the dealer at $320. I'll follow your suggestions. Cheers-John

Users Country Flag
    I bought an eBay one during lockdown - I figured at about 1/3 to 1/4 the price, I could afford to change it every few years and if really is THAT bad, I can still buy a genuine one later one. It fits well enough - just a touch smaller but the tabs do get into the slots so it stays up…for now.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Thanks Apu, I'll go ahead and order one now especially as the tabs can be located. Cheers-John

Users Country Flag

Try contacting VAGParts in Sydney, who will be able to locate one for a lower price than the VW dealer. It's great to be able to understand more information.
    geometry dash lite