Support VWWC

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Unbelievably bad delivery experience...

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tobes_WIR35 View Post
    I agree 100%. How is it unfair? A contract is not a contract without an end date.
    Agreed, and if the dealer has any concerns or variability, they can build that into the delivery date

It's not fair to the purchaser who makes financial and logistical arrangements around an agreed delivery date and has no recourse

Perhaps a softer option is use a clause stating that if the delivery date is not met, an equivalent car will be made available until delivery is achieved - that also creates the right incentive for the dealer to get it right and be proactive
    2012.1 Skoda Octavia VRS DSG Wagon - Carbonio cold air intake and pipe - HPA Motorsports BBK 355mm rotors 6 pot calipers
    APR Stage II ECU - APR 3" exhaust down pipe & high flow catalyst
    APR/HP Roll bars - Eibach springs and Bilstien shocks
    Supaloy lower control arms - Enkei 18*8 Wheels

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by dsuhiti View Post
    That just isnt fair. A lot of the time, it is completely out of dealers control. Transport companies deal with delivering hundreds of vehicles per day - so even getting in contact with a delivering company can lead to no where. They want to make money, just as much as you want the car, so there is no reason for them to hold onto the car.

OP, I feel your pain - things could have went much smoother if there was some organisation on the dealers end. Hopefully you hear some good news soon!
    If the dealer agrees a delivery date, getting them to sign the clause suggested is completely fair. More people should add this and similar clauses to protect themselves from dealer complacency.

Users Country Flag
    Absolutely. The dealer has a lot more financial capacity to take on that tiny amount of risk than an individual does. If delivery dates are not met and you have a lease about to expire, it could cost many thousands of dollars, or many frustrating hours spent trying to negotiate a reasonable outcome with the leasing company. If delivery dates are not met and the buyer cancels their contract, the only problem the dealer has is that they sell the car to somebody else.

What about a house contract? If certain dates are not met by the seller, the buyer can pull out easy as.

In construction contracts, if the builder doesn't finish the project on time, they pay the client liquidated damages for every day they are late.

If you ask me, car dealer is getting off very easy in this hypothetical situation.
    His: F22 BMW M240i Coupe Hers: F56 Mini Cooper S JCW
    Previous:
    His:MY16 Scirocco R DSG - HP Stage 1, Racingline springs, RamAir CAI, MY11 Golf GTI Adidas DSG, APR st1, Carbonio Stage 1+2 intake, S2TPP shifters Hers: MY16 Polo GTI DSG, MY12 VW Up! 3 door manual

Users Country Flag
    tough situation. seems like a very un corporative dealer !

lease companies dont exactly help with their leases either I dont think. when leases end thats pretty much it.

do hope something can be worked out.

I'm facing something similar at end of lease. I really hope dont get caught out !
    Once had a Red mk6 GTI + DSG + leather + sunroof + mdi + towbar

now have a gorgeous Red Merc A250 AMG Sport

I bought my Jetta from South Yarra,and found them shocking to deal with,hopefully never again.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    I suggest organising new car at least 2 months earlier! In my case there was no penalty in closing the lease early when starting a new one, but significant penalties if closing late. Ahhhh hindsight.....

Quote Originally Posted by dsuhiti View Post
    That just isnt fair. A lot of the time, it is completely out of dealers control.
    sorry??? i almost fell off my chair, while playing my violin.

a sale contract works two ways with conditions for both the buyer and vendor, if the dealer cannot maintain their side of the deal ie: provide the stock within an acceptable time frame then i'm afraid "being fair" has nothing to do with most peoples second largest purchase.

most car sales are sold on emotion, if a dealer takes advantage of that emotion then they deserve to lose the sale and look like n amateur.

Users Country Flag
    i had a van stuck on the Sydney docks for 6 weeks because it had the wrong sticker on the jack so did not meet ADR's and could not be released from the docks.
    I suspect reading your story this may be a regular occurrence.
    GL.

Users Country Flag
    I bought my R from BRETT at South Yarra and he was great to deal with. No BS from this saleperson and cannot recommend him highly enough. In fact it was the only new car buying experience where I felt we both had a win as opposed to just the dealer.
    Cant say the same on the service side. They can service the car very well, its just that service guys (the ones you actually deal with) have no clue other than taking your keys and handing them back on pick up. I like my service guy to actually know about the ins and outs of the car, these guys do not.
    I dealt with Surabu doscklands for 10 years and the service guys knew everything there is to know and explained all to you rather than just reading off a work sheet.
    Having said that I have friends with Mercedez & Porsches and their experience in service is similar to mine. Poor!
    Golf R, Grey, Leather, DSG, 3 dr, ACC, 19's, Satnav, Dynaudio, Sunroof, RVC, Bluetooth

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rosey456 View Post
    Cant say the same on the service side. They can service the car very well, its just that service guys (the ones you actually deal with) have no clue other than taking your keys and handing them back on pick up. I like my service guy to actually know about the ins and outs of the car, these guys do not.
    A colleague bought his car from South Yarra as he lives nearby and is lazy and had the same experience with sales being great and service being monkeys.

He had a buzzing noise from his dash that they claimed to look at 3 times. He had a dashcam installed not long before and left it recording based on movement and the entire time they had the car and nobody touched it. Each time they claimed they 'fixed' it they hadn't set foot in the car or even opened the door. Suffice to say he took it elsewhere and they found there was a parking ticket stuck behind the dash causing the noise and resolved it.

Avoid.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12