Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Turbo coolant return hose/pipe

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2023
    Como, WA
    Users Country Flag

    Turbo coolant return hose/pipe

    Hi All,
    complete newbie here with no experience with VW but finding myself in the position of having to fix one.

    My son bought a Mk6 GTI a few weeks back and the Turbo coolant return pipe (I think that's what it is called) has failed at the crimp where rubber hose meets aluminium pipe. It's a questionable design in my opinion but that's another matter.

    In any case, I need to replace the hose/pipe. It appears there is a mounting bolt half way along the pipe and a banjo type fitting where the pipe bolts up to the turbo at the back of the engine.

    My questions:

    How do I most easily access this? Can I access from the engine bay or from below? I've go big hands and sausage fingers so tight spaces are not ideal.
    Where, in Perth, do I head for parts for this beastie?
    Is there anything special I need to be aware of?

    I was thinking along the lines that, depending on the cost of a new part, if I can remove it I could take it to a hose doctor for them to rebuild it.

    Any advice appreciated, we are down one car while the VW is laid up and it's hurting my marriage and I have a very downhearted GTI owner moping around the house when he's not borrowing his Mum's car.

    Cheers, Jim

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Users Country Flag

    HI and welcome. Try sourcing it from Euro Revolution or VAGParts (both places are in Sydney). If you take a few photos (or try and read the part # off the broken part) this will help with matching up a replacement part.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Tags for this Thread


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
| |