Thread: Stalling.

Users Country Flag

Stalling.

so I stalled my Manual Mk6 and couldn't get it to restart I had to physically remove the key, reinsert it before it would start, is this normal?

Users Country Flag
    VW's (maybe others too?) used to have a lock out so you couldn't physically turn the key a second time accidently once the car was started. Usually all that was required was switch off and back on, not removing the key.

On the odd occassion I stall my Golf it's just ingrained to turn it off and on again rather than just turn the key

If it has an engine or heartbeat it's going to cost you. | Refer a Friend - AussieBroadband $50 Credit

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Hawk View Post
    VW's (maybe others too?) used to have a lock out so you couldn't physically turn the key a second time accidently once the car was started. Usually all that was required was switch off and back on, not removing the key.

On the odd occassion I stall my Golf it's just ingrained to turn it off and on again rather than just turn the key
    Same. I'm not sure how it could be instinct to just turn the key again..

Users Country Flag

With both my manual Mk6 Golfs if i stalled it i would have to turn the key completely off and then on again and then the car would start - but i never had to remove the key from the barrel.

Regardless - even having to turn the key completely off and then off again was pretty silly in my opinion and left you in either an embarrassing or potentially dangerous situation for longer than necessary.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler