Support VWWC

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Secret factory feature: Fish pond in the boot

Users Country Flag

My brothers Mk6 GTI has this same issue. He isn't much of a handyman and I haven't inspected the vents close enough to know what damage they have. I can definitely confirm that it is the vent that is leaking around the sealed as we've tested everything with water. New from VW they are $70 each, we've opted for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by seanmau5 View Post
    My brothers Mk6 GTI has this same issue. He isn't much of a handyman and I haven't inspected the vents close enough to know what damage they have. I can definitely confirm that it is the vent that is leaking around the sealed as we've tested everything with water. New from VW they are $70 each, we've opted for that.

Good luck to your bro in fixing his leak. My only advice is to make sure the bottom edge of the vent is the first bit in when installing and the last bit out when removing or the clips might snap off and cause the same issue i found.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mk R View Post
    Good luck to your bro in fixing his leak. My only advice is to make sure the bottom edge of the vent is the first bit in when installing and the last bit out when removing or the clips might snap off and cause the same issue i found.
    Cheers for the tip. I'll keep that in mind.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234