Support VWWC

Thread: Scratched window tint - MK6R

Users Country Flag

Scratched window tint - MK6R

Hey everyone,

We have a mk6r and have noticed that the window tint on the drivers door has a heap of scratches running vertically down the mid section, top to bottom.
    I have pulled the door trim off and the window rubber out to see if there are any damaged guides.
    I can't see any sort of guide or pod that the window would make contact with as it travels up and down the door.

Can anyone shed any light of what else i can check? surely the window is supported by just the regulator "rails" and the outer door channels/rubbers

also we are occasionally seeing an issue where the window won't go up all the way, it gets half way up, stops then goes back down, any info on this would be good too

thank you
    Phil

Users Country Flag
    Long scratches are likely to be something rubbing as you suggested, checl the rubber guides for debris.

As for the window not going up automatically, that's a safety feature. It's detecting some resistance (like little fingers in the window) and reversing. It could be something in the alignment, maybe it's only slightly out so happens when it's hot or cold and warped in just the right way, or there is debris in there!

The other option is your battery isn't charged enough. I found that when my battery got too low the windows would not auto wind up, especially if the car wasn't running. If you haven't repalced the battery yet, it's getting to that age.

If it has an engine or heartbeat it's going to cost you. | Refer a Friend - AussieBroadband $50 Credit

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Hi The_Hawk

Thank you for the reply, This is our first VW and we've only had it for 3 weeks so its a fun learning curve
    I will start looking into the above mentioned