Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Roof Lining

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by xamispep View Post
    Does anyone have any recommendations for a trimmer in Melbourne? My MKV GTI needs this done.
    Mine too on my MKVI. I’m in Melbourne and if I find a good trimmer I’ll let you know or vice versa?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Resuscitating an old thread here..
    Our MK5 R32, always parked under cover, still only 45k old... drive to the station with the window down, and wow! the rear headlining dropped out around the interior light... looked like a snake has squeezed into it! Its failing everywhere, mainly in the rear. Makes reversing interesting.
    Did anybody find a decent motor trimmer up on the Sunshine Coast that can do this job?
    MY07 R32, black, DSG, 3dr, sunroof
    02GT Forester

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcurlywhirly View Post
    Resuscitating an old thread here..
    Our MK5 R32, always parked under cover, still only 45k old... drive to the station with the window down, and wow! the rear headlining dropped out around the interior light... looked like a snake has squeezed into it! Its failing everywhere, mainly in the rear. Makes reversing interesting.
    Did anybody find a decent motor trimmer up on the Sunshine Coast that can do this job?
    Try this forum member, he’s very experienced in what you need to have done and very helpful. https://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/for...ers/sunny43-5/

Thanks Transporter, will do.
    MY07 R32, black, DSG, 3dr, sunroof
    02GT Forester

Users Country Flag
    + one with the problem here and I live in a very dry climate tho my car is parked outside most of the time...anyone who does a good job in Adelaide?
    GTI carbon steel g, leather, mdi, A.C.C., park parallel assist & RVC, dynaudio, sunroof, R-tails, RNS510, 9WZ, LED reg

Users Country Flag
    Same problem here. + I'm also keen to know of any recommendations in Adelaide

Users Country Flag
    Hi guys, late to the party as it's an old thread but thought I'd share this anyways in case someone could benefit from it.

I know a guy in upholstery who is mobile and comes to you. He did both my MK5 and MK6 GTIs about 2 months ago for $250 each and the fabric/colour was identical to the oem ones. He guarantees his work for about 10 years I think.

He is around the Western Sydney area.

Also, I should add that I did the MK5 before I bought the MK6. What I am trying to say is that it wasn't $250 because he did both cars as a discount. He just charges this much for our cars.

STYLE AUTO TRIM

Hope this helps someone and saves them from spending too much as I was quoted by a few others $400 to $500.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by bbadr; 26-04-2021 at 10:32 PM.

Users Country Flag

mine did the same, seems to be a common occurrence. I would suggest the heat in Aus contributes to the glue failing. Go and see any decent car upholster. I had mine done and it skinned me about $300, but he did an amazing job and it was a perfect match.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234