Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Roof Lining

Users Country Flag

i would not pay VW a cent to replace it nor put any money in their pocket after crating a substandard product, get a trimmer to do it and don't look back, 4-5 years for the headlining ? even a Kia or Daewoo outdoes VW

Quote Originally Posted by XFJET View Post
    i would not pay VW a cent to replace it nor put any money in their pocket after crating a substandard product, get a trimmer to do it and don't look back, 4-5 years for the headlining ? even a Kia or Daewoo outdoes VW
    I was surprised when the lining came lose few year ago. My first car, Toyota Corolla, was over 10 years old and the lining was still fine. I guess, the Corolla was a cheap car and the climate wasn't as warm back in the 90's. Must be global warming!
    GOLF V GTI DSG Silver : On loan to parent until wife thinks I am a responsible driver
    GOLF VI 118TSi DSG Silver Leaf
    GOLF VII 110TSi DSG White
    GOLF VII GTI pp : on negotiation

Users Country Flag
    This really interests me. Why do euro cars have headliner problems? It's been a problem for many years now.

Users Country Flag
    I've hit the 8 year mark with my Passat CC and it's been one thing after another. Headliner is also dropping around the sunglasses holder and about 30cm surrounding that. Small areas around the A pillar and sun visor.

Anyway, I'm in Sydney and do not want to pay VW a cent for this. Has anyone got any experience with trimmers, I will travel anywhere in Sydney for quality work. If they repair steering wheels also then that'll be a bonus.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    The Little Trimmer in Castle Hill has been recommended. I've not had any work done so not first hand info

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag
    Mine same issue, cant be bothered now.. I have big list of things to buy for the car (eg wheels, suspension, tune) and the roof lining is last in the list. Probably will get the genuine vw one if they include labour and if I am keeping the car for next 5 years

Quote Originally Posted by Has View Post
    Mine same issue, cant be bothered now.. I have big list of things to buy for the car (eg wheels, suspension, tune) and the roof lining is last in the list. Probably will get the genuine vw one if they include labour and if I am keeping the car for next 5 years
    I'd go and speak to some local guys first. I got my Mk 6 headlining done by a local guy in Brookvale. They will match the fabric pretty close if not exactly if you don't mind waiting for them to order it. I paid about $300 and am happy. Different fabric but same colour. You really can't tell anyway seeings the pillar fabric doesn't exactly match the ceiling fabric to begin with. I hated seeing it peel off like i was in some old bomb of a car.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Mk R View Post
    I'd go and speak to some local guys first. I got my Mk 6 headlining done by a local guy in Brookvale. They will match the fabric pretty close if not exactly if you don't mind waiting for them to order it. I paid about $300 and am happy. Different fabric but same colour. You really can't tell anyway seeings the pillar fabric doesn't exactly match the ceiling fabric to begin with. I hated seeing it peel off like i was in some old bomb of a car.
    Sounds exactly what I'm after. I agree, I hate seeing it falling like that and would rather have issues like this fixed before any modifications. I don't suppose you remember who did the work? I haven't heard back from the other guy that was recommended above.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent you a PM. I'll try posting some pics of my headlining job later today...

Does anyone have any recommendations for a trimmer in Melbourne? My MKV GTI needs this done.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast