Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Recommended Car Salesman to buy MK6 in WA?

Recommended Car Salesman to buy MK6 in WA?

Hi,

I'm helping my cousin to buy Golf 118TSI Comfortline 7 Speed DSG RRP $32,990. Can any of you recommend a good sales person whom you have good experiene with that can give a good price? Thanks

PS. Do you think bargaining to have the car for $32,990 drive away unreasonable? Ta.

Users Country Flag
    It's a good place to start however when we looked for ours most of the ones on the East Coast had several options on the vehicle and the dealer wouldn't reduce RRP costs on those items. They didn't have any base model comfortline packages available.

We did make inroads on base vehicle price and dealer delivery etc to about $4K less however we did get most of the options so the vehicle was in the high $40's end price. So most seem to be able to do 10% if you get better great. Cars are flying out though so most dealers won't bargain much with the Govt ABN incentives of 30% in first year.
    2018 Skoda Superb TDI
    2010 Skoda Superb TDI
    2009 Golf VI 118 TSI
    2006 Multivan TDI SOLD

dealers often negotiate on/discount the base price, and then try charge you rrp on the options, this is where they make their additional money.

Assuming the car is available form different dealers, work out what options you want, then ask for tenders to be submitted, showing individual price for all options.

Once you ve got the tenders in, choose the dealer witht he best base price, then pick the best option prices from all of the dealers, and confront your preferred one, stating "you can get this option from elsewhere for less, and can s/he better that"

Hopefully the market is in a place where you are the god.

also, its worthwhile getting so Eastern States dealers involved - will be around $1k to have it shipped to Perth afterwards.

about 4 years ago I bought a new car (the only one left) in Perth , and dealer wouldnt budge off rrp of $55k, so I got a quote from SA for $49k, and the local dealer matched it in an instant
    2007 Audi RS4 with: APR ECU Upgrade; JHM Quick Shifter; Milltek Catback and Downpipes; KW V3 Coilovers; Argon Creative Carbon Fibre Splitters

Users Country Flag
    Hi,

My first post on these forums. I have a Caddy that I have been driving with my work for the last 3 years and that has convinced me to go for a new golf for the missus.

I am looking at a 118TSI comfortline deep black pearl
    DSG
    sat nav
    media device
    sports pack with leather option

Been quoted $42700 on road.

I'm hoping that I can convince the sales guy to get down close to 40k and throw in some mats etc.

Also, if you book a test drive in a Golf or Tiguan with Paul Wakeling at Campbelltown they will give you a $500 fuel voucher if you buy one. Here's the link...
    http://www.paulwakeling.com.au/volks...FcctpAodLxycRw

Having just bought a Mk 6 myself, I thought I'd throw in my two bits worth on this topic.

For the benefit of those who aren't familiar with VW sales in Perth, there are only 3 dealers, two of which are operated by the same parent company. As such, competition isn't exactly fierce. One dealership has a reputation for rigidly sticking to list price, and my experience was no different. I received a quote from another that was much more competitive, but that changed suddenly when I came in to do the paperwork, when they said there was no way they could afford to sell it at that price, and jacked the price up substantially. I heard all the stereotypical lines one dreads, which I found both unconvincing and annoying given how long I had been in the dealership that day. At that point I elected to walk away to think about things, and when the dealer called me a couple of days later to see whether I was going to buy the car, I told him how disappointed I was with events and that I was going to look at other brands. I was quite genuine about that last point, as I was tired of the rather elitist attitude I'd experienced with some VW salesmen. For instance, my business takes me through the country towns the only 2 other VW dealers in the state can be found, so I contacted them by email to see whether they had what I wanted. One didn't even bother to respond (business must be really good), and the other told me they couldn't possibly provide me with a rough price without first getting my full contact details.

So how did I end up with a VW after all? Last week I saw a post from Dermot Munro at Wangara VW saying he had a bunch of cars due soon (GTIs, although that's not what I was looking to buy). As I hadn't been out there yet to negotiate a purchase in earnest, I figured I'd give VW one last shot. I PM'd him and spelled out exactly what I wanted, making it clear that I was ready to buy immediately if the price was right. He responded the same day, and the price he offered was the best I'd received. Other commitments prevented me from reading his message until the next day, by which time he had already followed up with another asking whether we had a deal. I called him immediately and found out I could have the car in 2-3 weeks, so I agreed. I went by the next day and was pleased that I wasn't kept waiting (or as one Tiguan owner told me, ignored by salesmen as they drank wine one Friday afternoon), that there were no surprise price hikes, and that I was dealt with professionally and efficiently by both him and his colleagues throughout the whole process. The contrast to my experiences with other dealers was marked, and for a change I left a VW dealership feeling like they weren't doing me a favour taking my money. As such, I'm very happy to recommend that other WA buyers give Wangara VW a shot.

Flighter

I bought my first and second Golf (in Australia) from Osborne Park VW,
    Next one - 118TSI I wanted to buy from same dealer but trade in price and unsatisfactory service was not what I was looking for.

Than I found that new dealership owned by AHG (like Osborne Park VW) was established in Wangara... went there ... manager, some sale and other staff (that I was dealing with when purchasing and servicing my 2 Golfs) was allocated from Osborne Park VW.

From Wangara VW I bought 118TSI (traded in FSI) and 3 weeks ago (because of known problems with 118TSI) I traded it in for GTI.

4 Golfs purchased from 2 different dealerships - but same people -is just showing that it is not about dealership but about people that You are dealing with.

Dermot as well as Manager Shane and Service manager Ray (during my problems with 118TSI) where really helpful.

So for me, here in WA, Wangara VW is preferred VW dealer

Thank you Mirsad

Quote Originally Posted by MIRSAD View Post
    I bought my first and second Golf (in Australia) from Osborne Park VW,
    Next one - 118TSI I wanted to buy from same dealer but trade in price and unsatisfactory service was not what I was looking for.

Than I found that new dealership owned by AHG (like Osborne Park VW) was established in Wangara... went there ... manager, some sale and other staff (that I was dealing with when purchasing and servicing my 2 Golfs) was allocated from Osborne Park VW.

From Wangara VW I bought 118TSI (traded in FSI) and 3 weeks ago (because of known problems with 118TSI) I traded it in for GTI.

4 Golfs purchased from 2 different dealerships - but same people -is just showing that it is not about dealership but about people that You are dealing with.

Dermot as well as Manager Shane and Service manager Ray (during my problems with 118TSI) where really helpful.

So for me, here in WA, Wangara VW is preferred VW dealer
    Thank you for your kind words Mirsad. I trust you are loving the new GTI! Quite the machine isn't it.

I am pleased to hear that you are satisfied with our New Passenger and Commercial Vehicles Sales Manager, Dermot Munro. I am sure he is elated to receive your compliment.

Keep on enjoying you new Volkswagen Mirsad...
    Shane Zieck
    Dealer Principal
    WANGARA VOLKSWAGEN

I was in the market for a 118TSI and did a whole bunch of shopping around and after being hugely put through the wringer, eventually came across some info for Dermot Munro from Wangara VW here in WA, so I fired him off an email and went and checked out a manual Shark Blue 118TSI.

Car was great and the staff were really nice but after discussions with my partner, my (our) budget was too tight and I had to decline the first offer. Dermot asked me what my budget was and then floored me with another offer - no bull**** sales stuff or run-around or hardballing. Unfortunately there are some extenuating circumstances and I regrettably can't buy the car but I thought that if anyone was after a VW and wanted a professional and straight-up guy to deal with, can't go wrong with Dermot.

Reading this post back, I realise I'm pretty much a shill, but I was really impressed, thought I'd pass it on cos I spent a while researching this stuff.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Flighter View Post
    Last week I saw a post from Dermot Munro at Wangara VW saying he had a bunch of cars due soon (GTIs, although that's not what I was looking to buy). As I hadn't been out there yet to negotiate a purchase in earnest, I figured I'd give VW one last shot. I PM'd him and spelled out exactly what I wanted, making it clear that I was ready to buy immediately if the price was right. He responded the same day, and the price he offered was the best I'd received.
    Yeah, I must say that Dermot is a very helpful guy! I'm from Sydney and only know him from the forums here, but he has been very helpful in answering my questions as well as many others at the place.

Quote Originally Posted by Flighter View Post
    I went by the next day and was pleased that I wasn't kept waiting (or as one Tiguan owner told me, ignored by salesmen as they drank wine one Friday afternoon),

Flighter
    Re-reading this a couple of months after posting makes me realise that this statement could be interpreted as meaning the Tiguan owner I mentioned was kept waiting at Wangara while the staff drank wine. This is not the case - it was another dealer. Furthermore I was recently treated to a more up-market loan car while a minor paint issue was sorted, which surprised me and I very much appreciated, as it made doing my usual rounds collecting kids etc. a lot of fun for a change. Thanks again Dermot.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast