Thread: Recall DQ200 Oct 2019

Users Country Flag

Recall DQ200 Oct 2019

DQ200 pressure accumulator cracking. List of affected vehicles (Including mine YAY!) at Volkswagen Group Australia — Volkswagen Golf MY2009-2015, Jetta MY2009-2015, Beetle MY2013-2015, Passat MY2010-2015, Polo MY2010-2015 & Caddy MY2011-2015 | Product Safety Australia

DQ200 the gift that keeps on giving.
    2009 118 TSI
    1980 Bedford van
    2015 Hyundai i30 SR

Users Country Flag
    I think this just happened to me.

2012 Golf Comfortline. I was driving along at 60 or so when i noticed i was slowing down relative to other traffic. Tried to accelerate more and nothing.... I saw a flashing D indication on my dash and managed to pull over despite heavy traffic. Changing gears just resulted in the P or R flashing also on the dash. Tried turning off and on again, no change. I had zero power at all, it didn't even rev just sat at idol.

Towed it to my local mechanic and they found oil leaking from around the right place but have not disassembled anything yet.

My car is not specifically included in this recall so i really don't know what to do. I called the local VW dealer and also the VW recall number and they say to take it to them for inspection. What are my chances of being covered?

Users Country Flag
    For those that have this fault and are not part of the recall this aftermarket repair may be a cost effective solution (if it's the same problem listed in the recall)
    YouTube
    I have a 2014 Golf that's in the recall....does any-one know if they replace the complete mechatronics unit?
    Last edited by Valvster; 25-10-2019 at 08:59 PM.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Valvster View Post
    this aftermarket repair may be a cost effective solution
    Ohh thank you. I have sent an enquiry to the manufacturer for that. At this stage I do not know specifically what is wrong with my car but if it is this then I will probably press my right to repair. I will contact VW Australia on Monday and ask if they can assist with the bill.

Codes on my car were a mechatronics code and a high pressure code apparently. quote is $3300 for new mechatronics of which 990 is labour

Edit: found the newer version of that Kit which has pre-drilled holes. even better. YouTube
    Last edited by SgtBatten; 26-10-2019 at 06:52 AM.