Support VWWC

Thread: Propellerhead92's Mk6 R

Propellerhead92's Mk6 R

Welcome to the build thread for my Mk6 Golf R.

Factory Specs
    MY13
    Black
    Leather seats
    Sat Nav
    Rear View Camera
    Sunroof
    19" Talladega wheels

Pics
    When I bought the car
    Detail & paint protection (courtesy of Affinesse)
    April 2017

Modifications
    Interior
    Blackvue DR650S-2CH dash cam & Power Magic Pro hardwiring kit
    Double Apex USB charger
    Kenu Airframe phone mount
    OSIR O-REST dead pedal

Exterior
    Lakin front & rear custom plate holders
    Lakin front & rear Kingpin Prestige plate cover
    Opti-Coat Pro+ paint protection

Wheels and Tyres
    Enkei GTC01RR 18x8.5 wheels
    KICS Kyo Ei Aluminium hub rings
    KICS Tusskey Wheel bolts
    KICS Locking bolts
    Bridgestone Potenza RE003 235/40/R18 tyres

Drivetrain
    GFB DV+ Diverter valve
    Recode Stage 2 Custom Tune
    Asgard Engineering Downpipe

Brakes
    Front: DBA 4000 Series T3 Slotted Rotors
    Rear: DBA Street Series T2 Slotted Rotors
    Forza FP3 Pads front & rear
    Brakes Direct custom braided brake lines
    Brakes Direct SuperDot 4 fluid

Suspension & Handling
    Superpro Supaloy Lower Control Arms & Anti-Lift Kit
    UniBrace UB

Accessories
    Covercraft NOAH Allweather custom car cover
    Covercraft UVS100 custom dash sunscreen

Waiting to be fitted

• Sachs Performance Clutch Kit & Release Bearing
    • OSIR Telson GT6-S Spoiler
    Last edited by propellerhead92; 11-05-2017 at 12:07 AM.

A quick update: I now have a fairly hefty stockpile of items sitting at home waiting to be fitted. The brake rotors, pads and lines are all ready to go, so is the downpipe and the lower control arms. Just waiting on the Unibrace UB to arrive but that should be today (fingers crossed). I'll be heading on over to Hills Eurohaus to have it all fitted. Can't wait!

I also took the wheels off this past weekend, gave them a thorough clean, and fitted the OEM centre caps onto the new wheels. It looks so much better, about as OEM+ as I could hope for. I'll take some pictures as soon as I get some free time.
    Last edited by propellerhead92; 13-04-2017 at 03:13 PM.

I got to give the car a good detail today. Here are some pics I took afterward. I really think the OEM centre caps make the wheels look a lot cleaner, and ties the whole look together.

An OSIR Telson GT6-S Spoiler is also on the way. I'll be colour matching this to deep black. I think it'll add that bit of aggressiveness that is missing at the moment.

Time for a quick update!

Last week I took the car up to Oscar and the boys at Hills Eurohaus to have some parts fitted up. The list was:

• Brake rotors (DBA T3 4000 fronts & DBA T2 rears)
    • Forza FP3 pads
    • BrakesDirect custom lines and superdot 4 fluid
    • Superpro Lower Control Arms & Anti-lift Kit
    • UniBrace UB
    • Asgard Engineering Downpipe

I am so much happier with the car now. The lower control arms were critical, steering feel is so much improved it feels like a different car on turn-in. I can't say I've noticed a difference with the UB yet, but I'll be taking the car to the track next month and hopefully I can feel it there. I couldn't be happier with the brakes so far, stopping power is fantastic and pedal feel is much improved. The downpipe has also transformed the car, it just goes like crazy all the way through the rev range.

The one bad thing is what 2lmilk predicted. After having the downpipe fitted, the clutch is right on the edge of starting to slip in 4th and onwards. After some research I've decided what I want to do is fit a Sachs Performance (SRE?) stage 2 clutch kit while retaining the OEM dual mass flywheel.

If anyone is able to confirm that this is the correct part I should be looking at, that would be fantastic. It doesn't quite match the Sachs part number Goran had listed on this thread, but the product page does state it matches VW Manufacturer Part Number 06F 141 015 C ***. Seeing as we have a 06F 141 015 CX in the Mk6 R I am pretty sure it's the right kit but wanted to make sure before I pulled the trigger.

Cheers guys!

Oh my OSIR spoiler also arrived. Going to have it colour matched and fitted whenever I get some time...