Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 'Phone' function on RNS510 is no longer working

Users Country Flag

A firmware load won't bring back a Bluetooth module that was there and now isn't.
    It's either a wiring problem, or a coding problem.
    Deal with those issues first and then you can look at a firmware upgrade if you like.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by kamold View Post
    A firmware load won't bring back a Bluetooth module that was there and now isn't.
    It's either a wiring problem, or a coding problem.
    Deal with those issues first and then you can look at a firmware upgrade if you like.

Thanks mate - I'll try this first and see how I go

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Looks like I'll have my hands on one tomorrow! Should I be looking for the following?

CAN-Gateway > Installation List > Telephone
    ?

Is there anything else I should look for? Haven't used one of these units before.

Cheers!

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by chris90 View Post
    Looks like I'll have my hands on one tomorrow! Should I be looking for the following?

CAN-Gateway > Installation List > Telephone
    ?

Is there anything else I should look for? Haven't used one of these units before.

Cheers!
    Just do an autoscan and post it

2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

I had a problem earlier where the phone and nav pages would disappear from the cluster display, and the colours of the RNS-510 would revert to default. It turned out that it was the adaptation of the unit being reset when it ran out of power due to my dash-cam using the RNS-510 USB connector for power. It got fixed with a more recent firmware for the RNS-510 which seems to turn off power on the USB connector properly when the ignition was off. So I'd definitely agree with the assertion that it's a coding / adaptation issue, even though your symptoms are slightly different.
    132TSI Tiguan Allspace

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by chris90 View Post
    Hi all,

I picked up my MY10 Mk6 Golf GTI a few days now, absolutely love it, but up until a couple of days ago, the 'Phone' function stopped working.

It's strange. The bluetooth seems to still pair just fine, but that's about it. I can't hear calls coming through the speakers whilst on a call, music streaming no longer works, nothing.

The other strange thing is, everytime I press the 'Phone' button on the head unit, all sound from the speakers mutes. A 'mute' icon appears on the head unit. For whatever reason, it's acting like a mute everything button. The phone menu itself no longer shows up.

Here is a video of what I mean:
    https://streamable.com/crllp

The other thing I noticed, and I'm pretty sure I'm not going crazy, is I was certain I had a a 'Phone' option in the 'Setup' menu. That seems to have completely vanished also.

What I've tried doing so far:

- Factory reset the head unit
    - Unpair and pair
    - Ensured 'Bluetooth music steaming' is turned on
    - Have removed the plug from the BT/amp module underneath the passenger seat

I'm seriously out of ideas and it's really annoying not being able to do simple things anymore like listen to my own music.

I haven't got in touch with my local WV dealership as I'm sure they'll charge an arm and a leg.

Any ideas? Would greatly appreciate any and all suggestions!

Thanks,
    Chris

Hello,
    Sorry for pumping old thread, im facing the same problem with my Jetta 2012.
    Phone is working music is working but Music info isn't coming.
    The Phone button now acts only as a "mute" for the system.
    The steering wheel controls do not respond other than volume.

Would you please tell me what was the solution ?

Users Country Flag
    Mine does that from time to time, no idea why. Reconnecting things sees it working again for me although it happens so infrequently that I haven't bothered looking into it any further.

What phone are you using?

The Bluetooth system in these cars is very old old now, the fact that it works with modern phones is almost amazing in itself

If it has an engine or heartbeat it's going to cost you. | Refer a Friend - AussieBroadband $50 Credit

were you able to fix it? mines doing it on 09 passat cc

Just get an RCD 330.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12