Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official VWW VCDS Tweak Library

Quote Originally Posted by dave_r View Post
    So any R owners played around with VCDS yet? What stuff can we change?
    I've turned on the sunroof + windows close when rain is detected (apparently will also close after the car has been locked for 24 hours but I haven't tested that).

Would like to change the lane change to 4 blinks, but apparently the instructions don't work for Mk6 Golfs.

Would also like to change to all doors unlock on single key press, rather than just driver, haven't got around to doing that yet (or is it available in the MFD? - haven't read that part of the manual yet).
    MY11 Rising Blue 5dr DSG Golf R

Yeah that's an MFD thing. The Lane change works on my 2009 MY10 Mk6 Golf, I think it's the later models that can't do it (as of yet).

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by simonm View Post
    Would also like to change to all doors unlock on single key press, rather than just driver, haven't got around to doing that yet (or is it available in the MFD? - haven't read that part of the manual yet).
    That's in your MFD. Under convenience from memory.

Quote Originally Posted by Corey_R View Post
    Nope! That's still on my "to do" list in OneNote
    Slacker, stop playing with PPF and number plates hehe

Quote Originally Posted by simonm View Post
    I've turned on the sunroof + windows close when rain is detected (apparently will also close after the car has been locked for 24 hours but I haven't tested that).
    I'm not game to test it out though lol.

Users Country Flag
    Well, it's easy to "test" it. Just do the change, leave the wipers in "auto" leave the windows and sunroof open, lock the car, then pour some water on the rain sensor on the windscreen (I think you need to wait for a certain amount of time before pouring the water on).
    But yeah - I'd still be nervous about leaving the car outdoors if it were going to rain...

Users Country Flag
    just thought about it, having this rain closing feature turned on, whether it could pose a risk of arm decapitation if you decided to just roll down the window while engine off, waiting for someone? or is it 'on' only when the car immobiliser is armed & locked?

It's only on when the car is locked. If someone decides to reach into my car while I'm not around and it starts to rain I don't really care what happens to their arm (besides family I guess)

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_R View Post
    It's only on when the car is locked. If someone decides to reach into my car while I'm not around and it starts to rain I don't really care what happens to their arm (besides family I guess)
    I doubt that a window will cut an arm off.
    Volkswagen Golf MkVI .:R Fully optioned, bar Recaro's & RVC CANCELLED (Sadly)

DRIVING: 2011 Renault Megane RenaultSport 250 Cup Trophee (Fully Optioned)

Users Country Flag
    Automatic closing when rain detected works perfectly on my GTI. No need to wait 24 hours. Closes after pouring water on the rain sensor for ~5 seconds.
    2010 Mk6 GTI / CW / 3dr / DSG / 18" Detroits / RNS-510 w/VIM! / RVC / Bi-Xenons / MDI / Euro Plates / 9W7 / VCDS Micro-Can / APR Stage 1

Pouring water on the rain sensor is how I tested mine.

The rain close feature will also close the windows and sunroof if the car has remained locked for 24 hours (or if rain is detected, whichever comes first).

So if you've left your car in long stay parking while on holiday, it will secure itself if you've left a window or the sunroof a bit open.
    Last edited by simonm; 06-01-2011 at 05:08 PM.
    MY11 Rising Blue 5dr DSG Golf R

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast