Support VWWC

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Mk6 Golf Seat Thread

The Official Mk6 Golf Seat Thread

hi just wondering if the back seats on the gti fold flat ? and if the head rests come off ?

60/40 and i believe the headrests must come off

Users Country Flag
    I don't beieve they fold flat though - at least they didn't in my MKV Golf GTI.

Also, I'm not sure there is any difference to the GTI's rear seats than the 'regular' models.

Users Country Flag
    They dont fold flat.

Headrests do come off.
    currrently... MY10 GTI | DSG | Candy White | Sunroof | 18's | BT | MDI
    previously... MY08 GT TDI | DSG | Reflex Silver | Sunroof

Quote Originally Posted by coreying View Post
    I don't beieve they fold flat though - at least they didn't in my MKV Golf GTI.

Also, I'm not sure there is any difference to the GTI's rear seats than the 'regular' models.
    Yeah 60/40 as i said, it means almost but not quite

Users Country Flag
    Sorry - but 60/40 has nothing to do with whether they lay flat or not. 60/40 refers to how the seat backs are split. As in 60% of one backrest, 40% of the other (which means side + centre / side).

Whether the seat is a 60/40 or 50/50 or no split design at all is irrelevant to whether it will sit flat or not when folded down.

thank-you all, I tried taking the headrest off but no luck ! perhaps didn't try hard enough. Do the bottom seats lift up out the way for the back seats to fold down ? Doesn't appear to ?. The seats dont appear to want to go past 20 degrees off the vertical which I thought a bit strange. I didn't want to force things, perhaps a trick here as well ?

Users Country Flag
    No, the bottom seats don't lift up like in some cars, this is primarily why the seats won't lay flat and will stay about 20 degrees off horizontal.

(I know you've mentioned 20% off vertical, and I'm not sure whether that is a mistake, or whether you have some issue there. If you already have the car though (which it sound's like you might), have you tried looking at the manual? The VW manuals are very good imo.

Users Country Flag
    No, thats the way they are. unlike some cars the bottom part is fixed and therefore 20 degrees is all they will fold.

There is a trick to getting the headrests out, but i cant recall now how its done
    currrently... MY10 GTI | DSG | Candy White | Sunroof | 18's | BT | MDI
    previously... MY08 GT TDI | DSG | Reflex Silver | Sunroof

Thanks have'nt bought as yet, so no manual to read. Is that something they have online ?.

Yes 20 deg off horizontal is what I meant. Appreciate the info. Must be a trick with the headrest ?

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast