Page 31 of 57 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Mk6 Golf DSG Clutch / Shudder / Squeal Issues Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bel View Post
    Waterpump failure or the replacement because of the squeak?
    squeak noise at the moment but I am not sure if it is the waterpump yet... will find out on Wed
    Golf Mk6 118TSI MY11 | UG | DSG | RCD510 | Dynaudio | MDI | Park Assist | Sport Pack | Opti-coat

Users Country Flag
    Hi there,

Don't know if your problem has been solved but I had something extremely similar with mine! I took it back several times and finally the shudder and noise was coming from loose transmission cabling. Perhaps they can have a look at that for you? Hope that helps!
    PROJECT DARK KNIGHT MK6 118TSI

Users Country Flag
    I got my car back on the 25th of June - it has been with the dealer for 2 months. On the 18th they advised me that the replacement gearbox was yet to be manufactured in Germany and Bang! it was here. They must have just pulled the gearbox out of another car and installed it. Now, the maximum torque is only available at much high revs, the shifts up using DSG are not as smooth and there is a definite lag on acceleration right through the gears.
    The steering wheel is left of centre, there are tree sap stains all over the car and the paint protection has beed damaged whilst at the dealer. Already written to the dealer and waiting the mandatory days before contacting Fair Trading NSW
    To top matters off the door lock failed this afternoon and I cannot close or lock the drivers door - and I have no garage.
    The A3 I traded this car in for may have been 10 years old but drove and handled like a dream compared to this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavill View Post
    My DSG carked it completely 3 days after the clutch pack was replaced - car had only done 6000klm in 6 months. Been at the dealer for the past 6 weeks now awaiting a new gearbox.

I have my 90 TSI just dropped of for a complete gearbox replacement. I was hoping this would finally end my DSG problems but I shouldn't get my hopes up too high ??

The dude at the dealer told me that they have to put the 37G7 software update on it after the new gearbox is fitted. Maybe you need to check if this has been done. I had the software update done on the old gearbox and it was aweful in the days after but I got smoother shifting after a week or so (still having rough shifting but no lag).

Will report back when I get her back.

The loan car is a Passat and is a pretty ride.

37G7 addresses a problem where you can't shift out of Park after sitting in Park for considerable time. That's all.

I have noticed that the little lag of 0.5 second when accelerating and between the gears was gone after the software upgrade but they might have done something else while she was at the 30k service ??

Quote Originally Posted by regu View Post
    I have noticed that the little lag of 0.5 second when accelerating and between the gears was gone after the software upgrade but they might have done something else while she was at the 30k service ??
    yep same thing
    after software upgrade at 30k service its a bit more responsive
    His: Golf6 5door GTI DSG Carbon Sunroof MDI and 18" Drag rims + sticker that gives extra horse power
    Hers: Skoda Kodiaq Tech/Lux pack and sunroof

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_R View Post
    37G7 addresses a problem where you can't shift out of Park after sitting in Park for considerable time. That's all.
    That is so in isolation, but if the DSG has much older software, then the ECU will be loaded with the improved gearshift timing introduced for a clattery gearbox problem on rough roads. The owner may not have visited the dealer for a clattery DSG and had the gearchange timing update previously because the DSG was working OK prior to 37G7. So they will experience a gearshift timing change in the revised way the DSG operates.

That is why people are getting confused with what the 37G7 update is doing. 37G7 campaign is to the latest ECU software standard to address the long storage problem they have found as you've stated. So all previous software adjustments get incorporated in that download whether the DSG has had previous problems or not since new.

The gear change timing latest is TPI 2026473-02 - 03.10.11. When they update the ECU software for this problem, the ECU will also received the 37G7 software update because that is what the latest download standard of ECU software is today. Prior to 02.03.12 or there abouts, the gearchange timing standard of software alone would have been the latest. So having a DSG ECU software update due to a DSG problem between October 2011 and February 2012, an owner will not notice the revised gearchanging with 37G7.
    Last edited by RW1; 12-07-2012 at 10:12 PM.
    VW SCIROCCO 1.4TSI - DSG (MY2010) UK, East Cheshire.
    Build Complete October Wk43/09, Driving 4th November - Wk44/09. Sorted !

Users Country Flag
    RW1 do production vehicles get updates before they are released to the general public as TPIs? I have a jetta manufactured in January this year with the same drive train as the the golfs in this thread. I gather I do NOT have the latest. Can I check this with VCDS?

Clutch update.

Got the new clutch in and what a difference! Smooth gearshift, no lag. Drives like a new car. Hope it stays this way !!

For once I am happy with the car again.

Page 31 of 57 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast