Support VWWC

Page 14 of 57 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Mk6 Golf DSG Clutch / Shudder / Squeal Issues Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Stelex View Post
    DAMN!

DAMN!!!

I'm over VW, my next car will NOT be VW, that is for sure.

After the clutch pack was changed the car was driving fine until today, when it lost all drive ... snip
    Heard from the dealer today, they had to order the Megatronic thing from Germany, it will take about 10 working days. That looks likely to run into my holiday so I am royally screwed.

Just spoke to the fleet to get a payout quote to end my lease and sell the piece of junk.

Users Country Flag
    feel for you Stelex, hope you can get this sorted asap

Users Country Flag
    So much back and forwards has paid off... new clutch pack being ordered and they will also try to re-resolve my 'squeak' too... Guessing it will be in the new year.
    MY14 Audi S3 - Misano Red, S-tronic, Performance pack with parade red trim.

Hi Bel,

Good news for you. Have them to check the Mechatronic as well. I had the clutch packs replaced as well and now I have to go back and do the Mechatronic as well...

Users Country Flag
    my clutch pack and water pump will be replaced after new year. dealer are ordering the parts now. should have ask them to check the mechatronic.

It seems to be a trend; you experience the shudder in 2nd, they update software. It looks good for a few days or weeks then shudder comes back and they replace the clutch pack. This gives you a few weeks of joy until you lose drive completely, needing the mechatronics replacement.

I noticed that ever since my clutch pack was replaced the shudder in 2nd was gone, but it appeared, ever so slightly, in the first gear. And the car became a little unpredictable. Most of the time it would take off and accelerate nicely, but every so often it would act a bit crazy, like, you take off in first, it goes smoothly into 2nd but then gets stuck up to 4000 rpm to go 3rd. Sometimes again it would take off in first and wouldn't switch to the 2nd until you reach high revs. 5 minutes later it would act as normal.

I read somewhere that the VW in USA has recalled the 2009 DSGs because of the fault that is also becoming so obvious here, but VW Aus doesn't want to know about it. I'll find the article.

I had a chat with the mechanic today and he said that there are 2, or rather 3 DSGs.

1 - Prior to 2009, so called wet DSG, something of an oil-filled box
    2 - The dreaded 2009 DSG with the Mechatronics that is failing en masse
    3 - The same 2009 DSG but with a different mechatronics that is apparently 'perfect'

When I took my Golf to have the clutch pack replaced they gave me a loan car, a brand new Jetta. I can't tell you how beautifully that car drove, the DSG was as smooth as it possibly could be. It was sooo noticeable I was driving up and down Brisbane for almost an hour.

The guy today explained that Jetta has the new type mechatronics,the one I'll be getting.

Users Country Flag
    The "wet clutch" DSG was the first one to come out in 2003, and still exists today - it's the 6 speed version.
    The 7 speed DSG in the low-torque applications has always been dry-clutched.

You are correct in that there are revisions to the mechatronics along the way (very likely also revisions to the gearbox section itself).

Yes, the 6spd DSG is still used in the performance petrol cars (GTI, R) and diesel cars (103TDI, GTD, etc). The 7spd is only in the lower-power petrol cars (<= 1.4L)

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Stelex View Post
    1 - Prior to 2009, so called wet DSG, something of an oil-filled box
    2 - The dreaded 2009 DSG with the Mechatronics that is failing en masse
    3 - The same 2009 DSG but with a different mechatronics that is apparently 'perfect'
    Be interesting to know when the option 3) came in. Mine is a 2009 with no problems (yet)
    Had the 30K service done today and asked if they could test for any sign of clutch shudder (which I haven't experienced)
    Needless to say they came back with "no fault found" but I have had it registered on my cars history for future benefit.
    Current drive:2016 Golf GTI 40 Years in Pure White

Users Country Flag

I think they checked everything... They had the car long enough and for enough different visits but will check, thanks for the advice
    MY14 Audi S3 - Misano Red, S-tronic, Performance pack with parade red trim.

Page 14 of 57 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast