Page 57 of 57 FirstFirst ... 747555657

Thread: The Official Mk6 Golf DSG Clutch / Shudder / Squeal Issues Thread

Your warranty should cover it. I paid $2500 for a new clutch pack, it’s a 2011 tsi, just over a year after, it’s started again

Users Country Flag
    Debating whether to persist with this car or not. My mk6 118tsi has been bloody awesome. Last year VW replaced my mechatronics after the car died in the middle of a busy road at speed under goodwill. that was for a 2012 car with almost 180000km on the clock. Before that and now continuing after i have the shudder when changing to second gear or accelerating from low speed. not every time but often enough. I know i'm probably in for a clutch replacement but it's been doing it for 2 years now i'd say. I wonder what else it has damaged in that time.

Hard to choose whether to try and trade it in now, wait for a failure or fix things preemptively. 189000kms now and otherwise I love it.

I had so many dreams to upgrade the lights, stage 1 tune it etc but i'm scared it will blow up in my face as soon as i do.
    2012 MKVI Golf Comfortline 118 TSI

Hi,

I see this post has been going for more than 10 years but I fail to find a resolution to the problem or perhaps mines a bit different?

I have MK6 118TSI 7sp DSG 155K kms ODO and developed shudder in gear 1 several months ago. From minor shudder between 1st and 2nd gear it progressed to several incidents of full or partial gear drop to D (from D1), while raving on its own (even if I switch it to N) and few incidents included loss of power steering, break pedal stuck and no acceleration, all of which happened at cross lights / middle of crossing. Note to say it’s occurring intermittently, but lately it’s my daily bread and 90% of it it comes up when I am standing at lights (4 beeps, break light indicator on and off we go). Yesterday, I got engine light on as well, which disappeared on a drive back from work but I can only picture it flashing at me again soon.

Virgin last three months:

Three visits to AutoLeaders-> found everything else but anything to do with this. Issue not resolved, I gave up on bringing it back.

Two visits to VW Southport, first time they said some electric box / wiring melted and needs replacement as if that was the cause (it wasn’t), second time they did firmware upgrade on “mechatronics?” (No improvement) and then suggested clutch replacement ($2600). Obviously charging me both times.

Reading through the forums, I understand few people have replaced the clutch but I fail to find if that was a permanent fix or if it only buys me another X amount of kms on the car? Is the clutch simply worn out or has there been some fault rectified in the clutch replacement?

Seeing that the shudder issue on DSG has been going on since 2009, has it been recalled? Mine is 06/2009 so I assume my chances of getting it fixed through recall would be slim anyway due to 10 year mark, right?

Seeing it’s 11 years old, 155K kms and the car is ok otherwise, is the clutch replacement even sensible? I would hate to spend extra 2-3K only to have this issue half year later again.

Thank you for advise.

Page 57 of 57 FirstFirst ... 747555657