Page 3 of 57 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Mk6 Golf DSG Clutch / Shudder / Squeal Issues Thread

My Golf had about 30K on the clock when I first noticed the shudder. I found that problem was more noticeable when I had 4-5 people in the car going slow up hills. Now at 34K it does it most days when only I'm in the car.

I booked the car in to have the problem looked at last week and luckily they identified the problem when test driving it.

The service centre did a firmware upgrade but this didn't fix the issue.

They told me that VW is aware of the shudder issue with the DSG but at this stage there wasn't a solution. I was told that replacing the clutch wasn't a permanent solution.

As my car has only 9 months of warranty left, I'm concerned that I will have this problem for ever but the dealer told me that once the issue is logged then when a fix is found this will be done to my car even out of warranty (I might get this in writing later).

Over all I very happy with my Golf but I'm concerned that VW can fob people off with warranty issues but saying they are "looking into the problem" ie. Supercharge whistle, DSG shudder.

I have never heard of this with other car manufactures? Companies like Toyota do recalls with design issues.

The big question is - If this problem happens at 30K and is fixed, will it re-appear at 60K, 90K etc etc.?

You have to ask yourself if you would buy another VW if they don't take customers problems seriously?

Lets hope there is a permanent fix for this soon.

Cheers,
    VW Golf 118TSI DSG - Sports Pack - Reflex Silver

I think the reason there are so many unresolved issues is that the DSG is still a relatively new technology.

I am having the same shudder issue with my car to be taken in next week for a service, and I asked them to look in to the shudder at that time. My warranty will run out in about 6 months. I'm definitely going to extend it for another 3 years.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by cktsi View Post
    My car today developed a problem with the DSG. Normally when it's in 2nd gear in slow traffic the clutch take up from a slow crawl to acceleration is smooth.

Today the clutch take up from 2nd gear in "D" started getting rough - like there's a violent shudder for 2 seconds
    Bulletin 2026097/1 issued 25.08.11. Transmission - Vibrations, jerking and clattering when changing 1 - 2 while accelerating.
    1.4TSi / 7Spd DSG.

Customer's remarks:
    Juddering/Clattering in 2nd gear for 2 seconds accelerating through 5 - 10kph or when changing 1st to 2nd at low speed or when reversing.
    Occurs once the car has warmed up.

Reason:
    Drop of friction value of multiple clutch.

Current situation:
    Currently no effective repair possible. Repalcing the multiple clutch does does not effectively fix the complaint. There is no parts damage. Working on a solution.

Complaint not caused by the two-mass flywheel.

Postpone repairs until a solution is available.

---------------------

Description of your symptoms fit above exactly, only just issued this week.
    I hope this helps.....
    VW SCIROCCO 1.4TSI - DSG (MY2010) UK, East Cheshire.
    Build Complete October Wk43/09, Driving 4th November - Wk44/09. Sorted !

That's exactly my issue too. Where is the official website for these bulletins?

Users Country Flag

mk6 golf 2nd gear shudder

Hi all im new to this forum & my wife drives a tsi90 with the dsg 7 speed the problems im having is it slightly shudders going into second gear but it does seem to only do it when it changes early into second it has done around 24000 ks it was pretty much doing it from new it has already had is 15000 service & I asked the service guy & he said it was only cause it was still near new & had not worn in yet but still does it anyone on hear had a similar experience with the dsg??

Thanks Nick

Quote Originally Posted by skindoggy33 View Post
    Hi all im new to this forum & my wife drives a tsi90 with the dsg 7 speed the problems im having is it slightly shudders going into second gear but it does seem to only do it when it changes early into second it has done around 24000 ks it was pretty much doing it from new it has already had is 15000 service & I asked the service guy & he said it was only cause it was still near new & had not worn in yet but still does it anyone on hear had a similar experience with the dsg??

Thanks Nick
    The service guy lied to you. It needs to be fixed. My 90tsi is having the same issue and it's going in for 45,000km service next week.

Hi,

On my daughters 90TSI (about 220000km) clutch pack was replaced. (correction 22,000km)

First they tried to install new software,
    when it was not working they ordered (of course You have to wait couple of weeks) clutch pack ... few weeks after replacement it is looking OK .... but if that one is not working there is third stage of repair
    Last edited by MIRSAD; 12-09-2011 at 09:03 AM.

Users Country Flag
    Glad I bought the manual. MIRSAD - is that really 220,000km on your daughter's car?
    Nov '15 Polo 81TSI manual white

Quote Originally Posted by Mountainman View Post
    Glad I bought the manual. MIRSAD - is that really 220,000km on your daughter's car?

Sorry - 22,000KM

Quote Originally Posted by RW1 View Post
    Bulletin 2026097/1 issued 25.08.11. Transmission - Vibrations, jerking and clattering when changing 1 - 2 while accelerating.
    1.4TSi / 7Spd DSG.

Customer's remarks:
    Juddering/Clattering in 2nd gear for 2 seconds accelerating through 5 - 10kph or when changing 1st to 2nd at low speed or when reversing.
    Occurs once the car has warmed up.

Reason:
    Drop of friction value of multiple clutch.

Current situation:
    Currently no effective repair possible. Repalcing the multiple clutch does does not effectively fix the complaint. There is no parts damage. Working on a solution.

Complaint not caused by the two-mass flywheel.

Postpone repairs until a solution is available.

---------------------

Description of your symptoms fit above exactly, only just issued this week.
    I hope this helps.....
    My 118tsi had this problem, it got a new clutch pack around 30000kms. Up to about 45k now with no signs of the problem returning
    I call bulls*#t on vw saying there if no fix, new clutch fixed mine( for now) It's more likely a "no cost effective fix until design change" situation.
    "67 Combi" "2010 Golf Wagon - 118tsi - DSG - 17" Visions - Bluetooth - Tint "

Page 3 of 57 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast