Support VWWC

Page 2 of 57 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Mk6 Golf DSG Clutch / Shudder / Squeal Issues Thread

Don't know. They just said the clutch packs. I'll have a look, but I don't think the shim even existed it was that bad!!!

Users Country Flag
    I have the same thing happening.. probably for the past month or so. Have had my 15k service since then and they reset the DSG... hasn't helped. I just haven't had time to actually do anything about it yet - glad that there is fix out there though.
    MY14 Audi S3 - Misano Red, S-tronic, Performance pack with parade red trim.

I'm having exactly the same issue with my 90TSI, but it feels like it's in the 1st to 2nd shift. I'm taking mine in for 45k service in 2 weeks. Hopefully they will know what it is and fix it first go. I'll probably print out this thread and take it with me just in case

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by cktsi View Post
    Looks like vw finally know what the issue is. I took my car in 2weeks ago as the shudder has become worse.

They said that they have seen and fixed quite a few golf 6 with DSG 7. Apparently it is something to do with a faulty shim. Not sure what the shim is, but sounds like it guides the clutch plates.

Sometimes they warp and create uneven contact... And hence the shuddering.

The fix? They had to go through the standard diagnostic procedure of replacing the mechatronics, even though the service centre knew that was not the cause.

After replacing the mechatronics the issue is still there. So now they can concentrate on the real fix.

They will replace the clutches. The clutch for the even gears is now slipping when i put the boot in after 2000rpm in any even gear. So they're pretty worn out.

They will also replace the shim.

Hopefully they fix the issue. I will see when i pick up the car tomorrow.

I thought to post this as a record for anyone else out there who may have this issue, but are being given the run around. After a change in personnel at my dealer, they obviously now have more knowledgeable staff who not only will acknowledge the issue but also know how to fix it.
    Thanks for the info cktsi.

I have complained about the shudder in 2nd gear on acceleration for the past 2 services and had 2 re-flashes of the DSG ECU as a supposed fix. Neither time has it fixed the problem and so its good to see someone else getting the same problem rectified. Ours will be in again for the 60,000km service in the next 6 weeks so I'll get them to (hopefully) completely fix it this time.

GTI MY16.5 PURE WHITE | LAKIN PLATE HOLDER | TINTS |

I reported a clutch judder at my 60k service and they told me a dsg software was updated (which I found changed gears higher up the rev range and thus supposedly doing away with the 1st-2nd hesitation.)
    however the judder persisted and car was subsequently returned to dealer and I was told the clutch pack was replaced as it was warped.
    i had driven 2000km since and car felt great

Is this issue intermittent for other people as well? I find that on certain days the car runs perfectly fine and other days it shudders slightly, and occasionally violently. I just hope my car is having one of it's bad days when I take it in for the service...

I have the same judder problem in low gears, and it is does seem better on some days compared to others, for sure. I took the car back just for this fault about a month ago and it was re-flashed (?) which fixed it for about a day. Seeing this thread I'll be taking it back again soon to see if I can get it fixed properly. I also have the annoying chirp (discussed at length elsewhere on this forum) which I knew about being a possible problem before I bought my car, for which I gather there's still no resolution.
    Not loving the car as much as I used to!
    2009 Golf 118 TSI DSG Sports Pack MDI

Users Country Flag
    The shudder in mine isn't something that happens all the time.. but it does at certain corners (maybe I take off at these quicker than others). I couldn't confidently take my car into a dealership and be able to take them for a spin and ensure that the shudder happened. I am hoping that if I leave it for a bit then it will be a fairly regular issue that VW has had to deal with and I will be able to get it fixed under warranty easily.
    With the 'chirp/squeal' (fingers continually crossed)... mine was fixed by the waterpump replacement - I think I am just a lucky one though as supposedly it was pure luck that meant I got that particular waterpump as a replacement.
    MY14 Audi S3 - Misano Red, S-tronic, Performance pack with parade red trim.

Since everyone else seems to be having similar issues, I guess I don't mind admitting that I've also had K2 clutch issues since around 27,000kms (I'm now at 32,000kms). The most obvious flaw is a drivetrain shudder when in 6th gear applying little acceleration in order to maintain 60-80kph at low revs (1800-2200rpm). The shudder can be stopped immediately by (1) releasing the accelerator, (2) increasing acceleration (so that the supercharger starts to kick in), or (3) changing gear manually. VCDS finds a generic fault with the 2nd clutch, and I've occasionally felt the shudder in gears 2 and 4, but mostly it's 6th gear.

That said, this doesn't happen every trip (it seems to be fine one week, then not so great the next week, and so on), and it typically occurs when the engine is cold.

I've taken a VW guy for a drive but couldn't replicate it.

Code:
    Address 02: Auto Trans        Labels: 0AM-300-04x.lbl
       Part No SW: 0AM 300 047 R    HW: 0AM 927 769 D
       Component: GSG DSG AG7     402 1306  
       Revision: 00040024    Serial number: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
       Coding: 0000020
       Shop #: WSC 01357 011 00200
       VCID: 3E5DEF2810E7

1 Fault Found:
    006012 - Clutch 2: Tolerance Limit Reached 
                   P177C - 003 - Mechanical Failure - Intermittent
                 Freeze Frame:
                        Fault Status: 00100011
                        Fault Priority: 0
                        Fault Frequency: 48
                        Reset counter: 9
                        Mileage: 27384 km
                        Time Indication: 0
                        Date: 2017.14.29
                        Time: 17:40:58

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

I have had the car for a day since they replaced the clutch pack. Just to clarify it sounds like it is a repair kit which includes not only the new clutch pack but also the shim.

The most immediate difference was no more clutch slip in the even gears (or the k2 clutch). However, when in drive mode, i still get a very mild shudder when taking off from a creep in D2.

Btw for those trying to replicate it for the dealer, the following helps...
    1) take off after creeping slowly in D2 on a reasonably steep incline; or
    2) take off after creeping slowly in D2 and having the steering wheel on full lock.

You are even more likely to replicate it if you can combine both 1 and 2.

Unfortunately it is one of those things that it is not always possible to replicate with someone in the car. It is odd that a certain combination of people will trigger the shudder as well.

I was surprised logging back into today that so many others have this issue. So good luck in resolving it.

As for my issue, i might ask them to reflash the mechatronics. I have a feeling they didnt do this and my mechatronics has adapted to the take up of the old clutch pack and doesnt realise there is a new set of pads in there.

I will also keep the group osted.

Unfortunately until i have fully resolved this i am still not keen to get the APR stage 1 reflash
    Skoda Octavia Mk3
    (sold) Golf Mark 6 Comfortline 118
    (sold) Golf Mark5 Comfortline Manual 2.0 FSI

Page 2 of 57 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast