Page 58 of 336 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108158 ... LastLast

Thread: The official I have ordered/received my new MKVI thread

My golf arrived at the dock 1st May and it took about 3.5 weeks to pick up the car (I picked up my car 26th May). Dealer told me that there was a delay in the pre-delivery department due to heavy workload.

J
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Hello in 2 weeks time... Tiguan 125TSI :: Deep Black :: DSG
    Hello, Golf MK6 :: 118TSI :: Deep Black :: DSG
    Goodbye, 2004 Polo Silver Match

Quote Originally Posted by cameronp View Post
    Hoorah! Yours was on the same boat as mine, didn't it? Bloody took them long enough to get it to you. Hope you enjoy it once you finally get your hands on it.
    Yeah mate even has the battery being checked on the 16th April and then again on the 26th April which matches the tracking info as in it was delivered from customs on th 26th April. Then It took four weeks to be delivered to me in Perth from Brisbane. I dont mind delays but the fact that they didnt call the first time it was delayed ie the date given was the 1st week of May. I sent an e-mail asking and got no response. I then drove by and dropped in and asked what was happening on the 28th of April and got told oh yeah it wont be here till the 2nd week of April. So we wait again no more phone calls or e-mails and the 15th rolls by so on the 17th I call up and ask whats going on? get the Dealer Principle who tells me it'll be here this week. That evening I get an e-mail from my sales guy saying it wont be here till the end of May. I send an e-mail to the Dealer principle asking what the score is and can they give me a date or not for delivery? No response. Then on Thursday the 20th I manage to get a hold of them and they say oh yeah your car will be here on the 26th. I meant to call but I've been busy. Needless to say still no response from the Dealer Principle. They were true to their word and the car was more or less ready on the 26th at the time specified after waiting an additional 30 mins. The original sales person didnt even see us off so I'm guessing he was happy with his effort.

They made no effort to apologize in a sincere manner for failing to give me updates, apparently they are too busy. I just wanted to know so I could sort stuff out as I only have one car that I would be trading in. But not getting any calls unless I chased them up is not good enough for me.

Anyway thats enough from me about that. I'm sure other people have a much better experience and I'm happy for them. I'm hoping the next time I buy a car it wont be like this one.

But the car is awesome and thats what its all about at the end of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by jj77 View Post
    My golf arrived at the dock 1st May and it took about 3.5 weeks to pick up the car (I picked up my car 26th May). Dealer told me that there was a delay in the pre-delivery department due to heavy workload.

J
    My car took 6 weeks to get to me. Glad you got yours fast the waiting was killing me!

I'm glad you got a big show and dance when you picked up your car. Makes the whole experience that much better. Where did you get yours from? I appreciate it when people make that extra effort.

Users Country Flag
    WOOHOO!!! GTI MK6 received today!! Feel like a kid on xmas. Will take some pics over the weekend and post!!!

Quote Originally Posted by emuexport View Post
    My car took 6 weeks to get to me. Glad you got yours fast the waiting was killing me!
    I am sorry to hear that you had to wait that long - I thought, 3.5 weeks was painful...

I'm glad you got a big show and dance when you picked up your car. Makes the whole experience that much better. Where did you get yours from? I appreciate it when people make that extra effort.
    I got mine from JH from the same salesperson (Steve McFarlane) I bought my Polo in 2004 - I was surprised to see Steve again after 6 years. Yeah, the "show" certainly made my buying experience better and the unveiling part was exciting. As you said, it was the extra effort the salesperson showed impressed me.

Anyway thats enough from me about that. I'm sure other people have a much better experience and I'm happy for them. I'm hoping the next time I buy a car it wont be like this one. But the car is awesome and thats what its all about at the end of the day.
    The whole experience should be pleasant and I am sorry to hear that you buying experience was less than satisfactory. My Polo buying experience (from the same dealer) wasn't so good either. It wasn't the salesperson's fault (although I blamed him at first). My car arrived with a long scratch along the driver's side door and windows would wind down and up by themselves. They fixed them all of course.

Where did you get your VW, emuexport?

J
    Last edited by jj77; 27-05-2010 at 09:24 PM. Reason: missing words

Here're the photos I meant to post with my previous email... took with my iPhone so the quality isn't good.

The first pic isn't my car - but someone else's new VW but the pic shows how my looked like before unveiling.

Here's my Golf - sadly without foglights (damn it, I really want the foglights).

J

Hi
    After waiting almost 5 months the wife and I picked up our car today ,she's only had a short drive I'm taking to work tonight .

Now its time to sell the 3d Ibiza .

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by gtimal View Post
    Hi
    After waiting almost 5 months the wife and I picked up our car today ,she's only had a short drive I'm taking to work tonight .

Now its time to sell the 3d Ibiza .

Cheers

Looks great....congrats
    MY10 Golf GTI - Candy White - DSG - 18" Detroits - Leather

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by flying_sheep View Post
    ... what are the dangling straps (at the left of the trunk space) for?
    if it is the straps I am thinking of, it'll be the one which is for the foldable warning triangle. This is compulsary in Germany, but not in OZ. Some models seems to get, in others it is available at Parts for a small fee

Users Country Flag
    Apparently mine has been delayed another two weeks but with the vague nature of the date of end of May who knows? Starting from Start of May then changed to Middle of May. Why not just say May?

cameronp's car arrived on the same boat and went to the same dealer so go figure?

The car was discharged on the 21st April from Brisbane surely it wouldnt take over a month seeing as a car on the same boat arrived at the same dealer last week (12th May)?

Still no response from the dealer 36hrs later? Should I be worried?
    There are quiet big variences in the dischage times from the wharf. Depends on how many cars were dumped on the wharf, where in the whole car lot if was parked, what was put in fron of it, workload of PATRICKS & of course there is "transport damage". Don't be worried though - in most caeses it is simply a logistical delay no one apart from Particks has any power over. The more you call your sales person, the more he is getting anoyed by you and less likely he's going to do you any extra favours

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by gv-dub View Post
    ...Detroits and as far as I know, they come from the factory like that. Does anyone else know if they fit them at the dealer?
    "Detroits" are a FACTORY option & therefore only available as factory installed as opposed to Volkswagen Genuine Accessories rims, which are rims you buy at the dealership. If you wanted Detroits as a replacement for a car with original rims, you would have to order them through parts department. It may be the case that the car ordered for HY001 was one with normal wheels & they are doing a "wheel swap". Not uncommon as it sometimes enables the dealer to find a car faster for the client.

Page 58 of 336 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108158 ... LastLast