Page 37 of 83 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Golf Mk VI Picture Thread

Users Country Flag

It'd be nice... but people will always have questions about things they see, and if you only allowed pictures in here, you'd then have 1000 threads on "what was this thing in picture #355 in the pictures thread?" etc

Users Country Flag

Now for the real mods to begin.
    2019 BMW M3 CS

congrats elisix. long time comming. so jealous!

Users Country Flag
    That looks like Dave in the second pic... My photos will be up on Monday...Woo hoo!
    tornado red GTI MkVI, 5dr, DSG, Sat Nav, RVC, MDI.
    Red Honda Fireblade Red Cooper S (SOLD)

Users Country Flag
    Well... Saw my first MkVI Golf R today and I have to say it was completely underwhelming. Not enough of a stand out over the GTI in my opinion. Can't comment on the driving experience ovbiously, but I have to say if I was in the market for a new MkVI, the drive would have to be pretty special in the R to hand over the extra coin compared with the GTI. Guess I'll find out at Eastern Creek in September!

On Lonsdale Street in Melbourne today...

Users Country Flag
    I don't know... it looks no worse than a boring-arse Silver 5 door GTI imo...

with regards to the driver training in eastern creek, the golf r was used for hot laps only. so u wont be driving it. u get a choice of gtd or gti only.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by elisiX View Post

Now for the real mods to begin.
    What percentage tint is that? And what company?
    Current: |MY15 W205 Mercedes-Benz C250 | Polar White | AMG | COMAND | VISION |
    Previous |MY10 MKVI GTI | Candy White | 5 Door | Manual | Bi-xenons | 18' Detroits | MDI | R LEDs Tail Lights|

Quote Originally Posted by coreying View Post
    I don't know... it looks no worse than a boring-arse Silver 5 door GTI imo...
    It certainly shouldn't look "worse" for all the extra money !!! although,

TBH, I think it does.

I dont like the centred exhausts (and didn't on the R32 either)
    Apart from that...... well it's a GTI without the red trim
    The wheels on that one are pretty boring looking too, which doesn't help
    And you don't buy it for the name either unless it's international pirate day
    Quote Originally Posted by Pirate
    "Did ye see me aaarrrrr?"

But we all know the extra money didn't go into looks, so it's a mute point

You buy an R for the power and handling
    Last edited by Karlosovic; 25-06-2010 at 11:31 AM.
    VW Driver

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Karlosovic View Post
    It certainly shouldn't look "worse" for all the extra money !!! although,

TBH, I think it does.

I dont like the centred exhausts (and didn't on the R32 either)
    Apart from that...... well it's a GTI without the red trim

But we all know the extra money didn't go into looks, so it's a mute point
    Ooops! Sorry, no offense to you or anyone who actually bought/owns a 5 Door Silver GTI

But saying that it's a GTI without the red trim would only be right if you're talking about the GTD.
    The R has a completely different front bumper/grill, with the larger air intakes and more aggressive flares at the base of the bumper on the side and around the corners leading to the central void under the lower grill. The grills themselves are the gloss-black horizontal strips instead of flat-black hexagon. At least in my opinion I believe the horizontal slats are more aggressive looking than the hexagon look (and SO much nicer when cleaning, but that's another topic).
    The side skirts are full length and full height (to the door sills) colour coded jobbies rather than the half length half height black plastic pieces on the GTI (though, I think that MK6 GTI skirts are much nicer in styling then the black MKV GTI skirts).
    The ridge above the valance on the rear bumper of the R is flared out creating a more aggressive look, under which you have the gloss black valance, and yes, those central exhaust. I personally prefer a quad exhaust (two each side) rather than the single each side of the GTI or twin central of the R, but that's just me.

So anyway, my point is, there is clear and distinctive styling differences between the R and the GTI. It's not "just a GTI without the red stripes", and saying so is really no different from a TSI/TDI owner who says that there is no difference between the look of the GTI and their cars! There have been plenty of those discussions and opinions on this very forum

I mean lets face it - the R, GTI, GTD, TSI and TDI all really have the same "silhouette" and from a distance or in the dark, or to the "general non-caring public" don't really look different to each other. And that's why we buy them! Regardless of our purchase (GTI, GTD or R).
    Last edited by Corey_R; 25-06-2010 at 11:43 AM.

Page 37 of 83 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast