Thread: No flash when locking.

Users Country Flag

No flash when locking.

HELP!!!! My Mk6 R does not flash indicators when locking. All other functions ok. Checked at VW dealer, no faults logged. Also
    checked with OBDeleven, coding all good, flash when locking ticked. New Driver door lock module fitted. LED's blinking sequence correct. My thinking is a faulty BCM. Unfortunately an OEM is $1200. Suggestions????
    2012 MK6 GOLF R. DSG. RISING BLUE

Users Country Flag
    No doors/bonnet etc think they are open do they?

If it has an engine or heartbeat it's going to cost you. | Refer a Friend - AussieBroadband $50 Credit

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Hawk View Post
    No doors/bonnet etc think they are open do they?
    No. I have checked the operation of int lights, MFD, via individual doors when opened. As stated, locking functions all ok with the exception of flashing when locking. I would like to trial the spare (S/H) BCM I have but am unaware of anyone capable in my location. I tried my VW dealer but they lack coding expertise. There seems to be a lot of confusion re MK6 locking. My car will lock with any door, the hatch, or bonnet ajar, and show on the MFD, with the exception of the DRIVERS door. And there are NO faults logged.
    ??????

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Solved

Quote Originally Posted by redhot View Post
    No. I have checked the operation of int lights, MFD, via individual doors when opened. As stated, locking functions all ok with the exception of flashing when locking. I would like to trial the spare (S/H) BCM I have but am unaware of anyone capable in my location. I tried my VW dealer but they lack coding expertise. There seems to be a lot of confusion re MK6 locking. My car will lock with any door, the hatch, or bonnet ajar, and show on the MFD, with the exception of the DRIVERS door. And there are NO faults logged.
    ??????
    Persevered with my OBDeleven and, after many attempts, finally discovered that VW nomenclature is weird. After selecting Long Coding from the menu, select Central Electrics, scroll to screen A9 and in addition to selecting "locking/unlocking confirmation via turn signals", you must ALSO select "comfort operation confirmation via turn signals." Result, turn signals now flash when locking. Problem solved.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by redhot View Post
    Persevered with my OBDeleven and, after many attempts, finally discovered that VW nomenclature is weird. After selecting Long Coding from the menu, select Central Electrics, scroll to screen A9 and in addition to selecting "locking/unlocking confirmation via turn signals", you must ALSO select "comfort operation confirmation via turn signals." Result, turn signals now flash when locking. Problem solved.
    Eurocarupgrades opposite Mazda in Maroochydore is the place you want for stuff like that. Had a crook BCM in wifes Polo so I bought an identical S/H one and they installed it and coded it all in. BCM was $150 and whole job including resetting whole car back to factory etc cost a bit over $1000
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan