Thread: MK6R SpaceSaver

Users Country Flag

MK6R SpaceSaver

As it the title spacesaver tyres are available at the dealer .Mine is 10yr old and never been used
    still perhaps it may be used as an emergency but dont want too but an option is
    either to buy a rim with OEM standard size.
    ie: full size rim and tyres . IS this combo going to be too high in the boot

cheers

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by GolfR64 View Post
    As it the title spacesaver tyres are available at the dealer .Mine is 10yr old and never been used
    still perhaps it may be used as an emergency but dont want too but an option is
    either to buy a rim with OEM standard size.
    ie: full size rim and tyres . IS this combo going to be too high in the boot

cheers
    Take your spare out and put a straight edge across top of tyre well. Measure down to where the TYRE sits and then measure a tyre on the car Turn front to full lock and you will get it. Sometimes is a gap between boot floor and top of tyre well to give a bit extra space. I did my sons Fiesta by gluing blocks of styrene around the well and it just lifted the floor about 15 mm to allow a full sized spare
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag

you can buy new space saver tyres and get it replaced at a tyre shop if you're concerned about the age of the rubber?