Support VWWC

Thread: MK6 TSI 1.4 Coilovers

Users Country Flag

MK6 TSI 1.4 Coilovers

Hey guys, just wondering if there are any coilover recommendations for a 2011 MK6 TSI 1.4? I'm having lots of trouble finding coilovers for my car and hoping i can get some help. Thanks in advance guys.

Users Country Flag
    There are plenty of suspension options for the Mk6 GTI which would also fit your car. Depending on how much you want to spend, good quality lowering springs will set you back around $500, but a decent quality coilover kit will be $1,500-2,000 for BC or MCA coilovers, and some people spend $3K+ on premium coilovers like KW v3 etc.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag

Years ago I tried to get together a group of people with similar cars (Mk3 VR6s at the time) who were running different suspension setups and who were willing to let others take a bit of a spin, even if it was just amongst themselves. This would then allow us as a group to report back on how the different setups 'felt' like they performed.

Physics says if you lower the car you need to reduce the travel which will mean stiffer springs and a harsher ride. All coils will have height adjustment, more expensive ones give you Separately adjustable compression and rebound, although unless you’re taking your car on/off the track chances are you will set it and never change it again. To that end I’ve always wondered if more expensive systems really are better or more comfortable and by just how much. While I’m sure there is some terrible options out there, I’m sure there are some basic and cheaper options.

Plan B: Airbags are getting relatively cheap…

If it has an engine or heartbeat it's going to cost you. | Refer a Friend - AussieBroadband $50 Credit