Support VWWC

Thread: Mk6 switchblade case

Users Country Flag

Mk6 switchblade case

Does anyone know where I could get a replacement case for a switchblade key?

One of mine has cracked the metal bit that holds the blade and lost the pin (which wouldn’t work even if I found it since it’s cracked and all).

Plan a: new case and transplant internals?
    Is this even possible?

Plan b: second hand/ new fob, transplant blade and reprogram car.
    Can you do this with VCDS or do you need vag tacho or something else?

Plan c: pay a professional

Plan d: screw it, I still have a third non switchblade key.

Can anyone point me at any options?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it has an engine or heartbeat it's going to cost you. | Refer a Friend - AussieBroadband $50 Credit

Users Country Flag
    Yeah just buy one off eBay or AliExpress.
    Easy to swap over the transponder, board and blade.
    Nothing more required.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Thanks for that kamold . I’m working off my phone at the moment so can’t search properly, I don’t understand how people can work with this as their primary device, I can’t wait to get in front of a real computer again!

Anyway, I looked into this a little while ago and seem to recall that being a 2010 model Multivan the key fob is a one piece unit and harder to pull apart and rebuild. Maybe needing some cutting or something? I’ll have to do some more research when I can sit down again, but if you’ve got a link to a suitable unit I’d appreciate it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it has an engine or heartbeat it's going to cost you. | Refer a Friend - AussieBroadband $50 Credit

Users Country Flag
    I'm assuming that the Multivan key shell has 2 buttons?
    If not the 3 button ones are available also....there are a billion different sellers who have them:
    New 2/3 Button Folding Flip Remote Car Key Case FOB Shell For Vw VOLKSWAGEN Transporter T5 Polo G-in Car Key from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag
    Video on how to swap them over:

I did the swap into an ebay case. Be careful with the transponder thing or whatever it's called. It's about the size of a grain of rice. I used bluetac to stick it in the new key fob in case i had to replace it again.

Try get a case with the recessed VW logo, the metalic ones scratch off easy. also note your key part number for future reference as that is on your old case.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

I did the swap tonight, the new case it pretty cheap feeling, but it's back together and seems to be working just fine. The real down side to this design is that yopu have to pull the whole damn thing apart to change the battery